Zany older person wants pink hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
ive managed to get quite a nice pale salmon pink ,but it never seems to last -even with permanant colour on white hair -id say it lasts 2 washes - so i think my options are ,to do it a bit darker and or a bit redder ,which at first wouldnt give the result wanted ,shall i say i cant do it or has anyone got any miracle products.my lady is white all over and wants streaks of pink,not to pale not too dark and not purply

hi.....interesting situation.....theres always someone who pushes ur bounderies of knowledge is'nt there!

what are u putting on now to get the salmon pink?

im using wella 2 inches 8.34 to old wella 1/4 9.5 or 9/0

I'm not a wella user, but we have a few of these ladies- one currently sporting a brilliant blue accent piece and nape- looks quite striking on her.

To get a salmon shade using Joico Verocolor I would use 3/4 9A (level 9 blue violet) and 1/4 Intensifier red or red copper depending on how light her hair is, with 20 volume (6%) and process at least 20 min. We've had fairly consistant results with our "fashion" shades, you should be able to convert this easily to wella or any other color line.

is intensifier red the same as mixtone?

Hi, Have you tried Pravana Vivid Color??? These are great demi fashion colors, they have pink, magenta, violet, blue, silver, and green. I use them on myself and my clients and they tend to last up too 18 washes with a color care non sulfate shampoo. Pink and magenta are the hardest to upkeep because they bleed so much. But even when they do wash out you are left with a really pale pink.

i always use wella 0/65 + 10/0 to get a nice baby pink. maybe add a bit of 0/45? x

Patrice Beautes magenta overload 3 washes in on my hair on a level 7-8 raw

Attachments

• 100_2322.JPG
    100_2322.JPG
    865.8 KB · Views: 46
I wouldnt use an oxidising tint for fashion colours, thats why its fading, on white hair crazy colours can either take well or not, but to ensure longevity you can pre soften first to open the cuticles. Semi permanent vegetable dyes stain the cuticle so are a much better option than permanent tints which we all know don't always take well on coarse white hair. Semi's also give a much nicer shine.

Why have we resurrected a 7 year old thread?

I don't think any of the original posters are around anymore? :)

Latest posts

Back