Zumba, are you doing it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissCullen

Reaction score
Good evening all

I've decided to start this new craze, first class will be a week tuesday as my friend is away and I don't want to do it alone LOL
Have also just ordered the version for the Wii

Sooo big question is, are any of you doing it? Does it work? Will I be the only blobby one surrounded by slender sallys??

I'll be right at the back of the glass regardless but just want so encouragment, noone I know is doing it, so I'm hoping some of you lot might be :)

x

Ooh i go weekly and i love it!!
I have no sense of balance, rythm or coordination but i think that makes me work more trying to catch up! Haha :)
Theres about 40 in a class, no one takes it too seriously and almost everyone is in the same position, worried bout making themselves look silly but no one notices, all worry too much about themselves! Lol

Definitely do it..soo much fun and you dont realise how hard your working because trying to concentrate on not falling over :)
Enjoy it hun!

Kayleigh xx

I do Zumba Gold which translates to: Zumba gOLD...it's for the over 50 crowd. LOL! It's a great class and trust me, I am a KLUTZ on two feet, both LEFT. It's a lot of fun but I think regular Zumba would be a better work out.

Let us know how you like it. Have fun! :)

I Love Zumba, go twice a week religously. I've had 2 hip replacements over the last 3 years and I can zumba better than I can walk !!! I've lost nearly one and a half stone since xmas with weight watchers and Zumba. I now have bit of a bum whereas before it was a flat as a wash board. It's great fun if you go with friends or on your own. One thing I will say though is that I went to half a dozen different classes before I found an instructor that i liked afraid some of them are useless even after being trained as a zumba instructor, in fact in one class i slipped out quietly half way through it was that bad. so dont be put of if you dont take to it right away try another class with a different instructor. I've found the best ones are those that have had some sort of dancing experience. Have fun...:) get the right class and u will be hooked.

Good evening all

I've decided to start this new craze, first class will be a week tuesday as my friend is away and I don't want to do it alone LOL
Have also just ordered the version for the Wii

Sooo big question is, are any of you doing it? Does it work? Will I be the only blobby one surrounded by slender sallys??

I'll be right at the back of the glass regardless but just want so encouragment, noone I know is doing it, so I'm hoping some of you lot might be :)

x

And no you won't be the only blobby, never seen so many big ladies in one place...and the oldest one on our class in over 80 !!!

Zumba is good and ive tried it,but i still love teaching salsa.

Dancing has seen a change in the last few years with the advent of strictly come dancing,etc.

It is so good to see young people enter dancing as a hobby now,and ballroom and latin dancing is becoming increasingly popular.

Looks like the dance craze of jive,ceroc,salsa tango etc is here to stay...the group i partake in for salsa even teaches salsa to school age children in the holidays,not for competition though just for fun!

I am dance crazy,and always have been!....dance tells a story,and my lo9ve will always be the latin dances....i just love to kick my 33 inch legs in the air and wrap them around a man while giving that sultry look:eek::lol:

Yes, dance rules! Haven't tried zumba, but love latin and latino. My fave is Rumba; met the Strictly crowd (judges and dancers) in Manchester's Malmaison and was asked by Len what my best dance was.....Craig then sang the theme from Titanic for me!!! (They HAD been relaxing with champers)

I LOVE zumba, great fun and a great workout. Def take a towel and a big bottle of water with you though!! Agree with mjs, zumba is all about the instructor, I've seen some absolute shockers! I've found a fab instructor so go to her class even though it's a 30mile round trip, as the guy teaching it literally 50 yds from my house is useless!

Yep, I do it once a week at the moment, soon to be twice a week.
The first four weeks I thought I would vomit on the way home, and ahced so much the next day that my clients commented on how slow I moved about the salon! I lay on the sofa for an hour afterwards with a bucket next to me. Had I not paid for a term's worth of classes I doubt I would have gone again.
I'm not wholly convinced of my teacher's teaching skill; she doesn't describe awfully well what's going on, and she doesn't break down the routines enough, but that might just be my inability to follow a simple instruction!
Do I enjoy it? Well, I do feel smug and sanctimonious afterwards, and I no longer wake up on a Tuesday thinking "poo, it's zumba tonight". I recognise the need to do some fairly vigorous exercise, and I would rather pass a kidney stone than go to the gym, so this fits the bill!
I'm afraid I have little sympathy with the "I don't want to do it alone" bit though. Just do it!

I'm not wholly convinced of my teacher's teaching skill; she doesn't describe awfully well what's going on, and she doesn't break down the routines enough, but that might just be my inability to follow a simple instruction!
That may be because, unbelieveably, she is teaching according to Zumba instructions. Zumba instructors (according to my instructor) aren't supposed to talk at all, just dance in front of the class, while you try to keep up.

Latest posts

Back