Hair disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmissccx

Reaction score
I recently went to the hairdressers and I asked for a chocolate brown colour and this is what I have ended up with! I’m absolute mortified and they’re taking no responsibility. I had my roots, a dark banding, and then my hair went into a shade of about a 6, it was slightly ash as i used the revlon ball in ash brown, it gave me a slight tint of green too. I also have or had 20 nanos in my hair of colour 6 in my hair. I asked for a chocolate brown, a 4 maybe (I’m not a hairdresser) all over and to leave my hair extensions out which would break up the colour. This is what I’ve been left with a flat tone black. They have put a 3 on my hair and said they’ve put a 4.3 and 4.35 all over my hair in the back wash. Can anyone advise on this? I’m needing opinions? And also how I go about asking for a refund. A lot of people would of gone ballistic over this colour and I wasn’t rude to them what so ever I questioned the colour once I was home saying it’s black and not chocolate brown what I asked for and they said I am wrong and that I am not welcome back to the salon! Absolutely crazy unprofessional behaviour. I’ve uploded a photo of what my hair was like before multi tonal, a photo of what I asked for, and the photo of the result.

Attachments

• 8B73F435-693C-4F83-BD9C-79C739981801.jpeg
    8B73F435-693C-4F83-BD9C-79C739981801.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 8F8F7367-FBFE-4920-A375-3B1E0905DE10.jpeg
    8F8F7367-FBFE-4920-A375-3B1E0905DE10.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 7772D3E7-487B-4717-BA95-08DD385167A2.jpeg
    7772D3E7-487B-4717-BA95-08DD385167A2.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 74
Your pictures aren’t loading properly for me so I’m not sure what it looked like before and after. When they did the consultation, did you look at some hair colour pictures or colour swatches or did you just tell them you wanted a 4 chocolate brown?
Did they do a patch test beforehand?
As you had some existing colour in your hair, anything put on top is going to make it look darker due to colour saturation. It could be that the person you saw isn’t very experienced in colour correction work. A lot of hairdressers struggle with colour correction as it’s only covered in level 3 and not in any real depth.

However, if you weren’t happy, you really should have said so at the time before leaving. You can ask for a refund on the basis that they didn’t meet your expectations but it’s a case of buyer beware. They did colour your hair brown and haven’t caused you physical harm so you don’t really have a leg to stand on.

If they didn’t insist on a patch test, you could try using that as a lever to argue for a refund.

You need to see the photos really to see how bad it really is. No patch test was given, I looked at swatches and they were lovely browns however a 3 was put on and that is not what I asked for. I stated at the salon it was too dark and they offered to wash it with. Certain shampoo to lift it but said stated it would hardly make a difference and to come back in a few weeks, but that was no good for me as I have black hair now it wasn’t what I wanted and looks ridiculous that’s when I messaged them to explain again I wasn’t happy but ended with saying I wasn’t alllowed to return. I said I would pay to be booked back in ASAP to correct their mistake but it was declined.

Is the picture of the lighter hair your hair before, or the colour you wanted?

It sounds very bizzare that they don't want to correct it. Did you show them a picture of what you wanted before?

I would go back with a picture of the colour you want and tell them that's what you wanted x

First picture isn't a 4....second picture is !

First picture - 'Galaxy'....second picture - 'Bournville' :D

Latest posts

Back