Advice on renting out a chair to hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me, in the new year I have a hairdresser coming and renting out a chair in my back room of my salon. It is a large room and I have provided the backwash station and chairs for him to use, (the thinking about me kitting it out was that if it didnt work out I would still have the equipment for someone else)

I would just ge gratful to those of you that do rent out space within your salon or either pay and rent space within a salon, please could you tell me if there is a legal contract/document that needs to be drawn up or give me any other advice on doing this.

iam really sorry if a sound dumb but i have no idea and would hate to do anything wrong.

please give me a little advice I would be really grateful

thanks in advance
:hug:

Yes you need to draw up a contract. This should set out rent, when it's due and how it should be paid. The stylist should handle all their own payments to avoid falling foul of vat rules. The contract should set out who is responsible for stock, laundry, whether or not the stylist can employ others and confirm that the renter is self employed and responsible for their own tax and NI.
Your renter should have their own treatment insurance. You should retain a photocopy of this, and future years.
The more you can sort out at the start and include in the conyract, the better. Saves lots of hassle later on.

Latest posts

Back