Attention Hair Salon Owners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Im quite quiet at the moment, and worried that our prices are too high. An example is we charge £55 for a full head of foils & £30 for a cut and blow.
However, a few salons are charging £45 for FH Foils AND a Cut!!! Am I mad or is that ridiculously cheap?

We charge £15 for parting, £25 for t-section, £40 for 1/2 head. What do you think?
We're all experienced stylists, level 3, one an ex toni & guy and the other been doing it for 24 years. We're also not a back street salon. We're a large place with everything else available from nails to beauty, hair extensions, botox, semi perm make up etc, so would reducing our prices "cheapen" the salon?

Just thinking of what else I can do to get more ppl thru the door.

Thanks

Hello :)

Going by prices here in Hertford, your prices sound fine but you know your area. On average, how do your prices compare on the whole? Is the drop in trade a recent thing?

Do you have a loyalty scheme or do any monthly promotions atm?

Maybe organise an open evening & send invites to existing clients asking them to bring a new friend. Have goodie bags made up for each guest with various offers, X off 1st visit, Recommend a friend & receive X free/% off next visit.
During the open evening, organise talks on various treatments you offer & do demos. Offer mini treatments, nails, massage, facial, £10 for 15 mins or something like that? Maybe a competition too.... I did one when OPI launched their coffee range. I printed some coffee bean cards up, filled a jar with coffee beans, then got everybody to guess the number of beans. Whoever was closest won a free coffee manicure/pedicure. Plus I got lots of new contacts from the comp. (Not so good was counting the beans lol).

It is a fun evening, gets lots of interest & gives salon staff a bit of motivation too. See if the local paper would be interested in coming to the open evening.

I know some hair salons do a charity catwalk type thing & donate the evenings money to charity - the press love things like that & gets you good publicity :)

Good Luck.

xx

Yep we do pretty much all of that and more! Monthly newsletters, recommend a friend vouchers, competitions, loyalty schemes, corporate and student discounts, donated packages and vouchers for charity auctions, the whole shebang!

I love the idea of an open evening tho, a chance to advertise our not-so-obvious treatments we offer such as non surgical cosmetics and semi perm make up.

Well we put our self in the same league as the top salons and spas in our area really, but we are slightly cheaper as we arent a brand. Toni & Guy, Peter Prosser, Beautiful Spirit, all big players and we're priced somewhere near.

We have only been open about 15 months, but up until say the 2nd week of november, we were absolutely chaotic and took on 2 new staff. The second they started I swear trade just stopped!! Sod's law. They're self employed tho, so no skin off our nose them working here.

Suppose I just have to keep plugging away and getting as much exposure as possible!

Hope things are going good for you in your area

Latest posts

Back