Avant Garde for level 3-please read

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
Morning all i have to do a crazy avante guard theme "
Enchanted Forest" in two weeks for my end of evel three hairdressing. I know what i want to do and bought props but need some advice on how to attach. I making something as big as i can on the hair adding extensions ive seem polystrene foam shapes but i want to go bigger like 1m tall can anyone advise it needs to be light the frame thats why i though foam but its keeping it stuck together and how to fix to the head. You see all you tube videos i have watched hundreds but non on how to make it. Ive spent £200 on props and hair and now im stuck please advise:Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

1 metre is extremely high!! Don't know if you've been watching the bbc3 'hair' program that loads have been slagging off on here but it is actually really good inspiration for avant guarde hair and a few of them have done tall structures so might give u some ideas. U need balance, to make sure your model is comfortable etc.

You could use chicken wire for internal structure? Or make something out of paper mâché so light?

1m is very high?
But maybe wire spiraled around the bottom then all around the head & pin it in place? X

HairBy Amanda

Maybe look at making it slightly smaller. Foam becomes very! heavy when covered with hair. i learnt this the hard way back in the day lol. braid your clients hair and use wire to attach the foam in through the braids. or create a stand that will sit on the models head.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back