Beauty room opening!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Hi Ladies - I know I'm super early asking this but I'd like to be organised!!

My garage conversion is starting on the 9th of March!! Eeeekkkk!!! Finally!!!!!

And I'm just wondering if you have any ideas/suggestions for what I could do for the 'opening' if you like!?

I'll have some bubbles & nibbles but I'd like to give clients something to take away with them.

Bare in mind I'm a tiny small business but still, I'd love to give something 🎁

Thank you for reading & I look forward to hearing everything you say 😁💅☺️😊

Blimey give us a chance!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have my open day next Saturday and I'm a small business on a tight budget! I've made up little goody bags that cost me about £35 to make 50.

In each one I have a nail file, little packet of love heart sweets, a small heart shaped bath bomb, a couple of scented tea lights and a sample of Eve Taylor Soothing Moisturiser. I've also popped in a price list, microdermabrasion flyer and a couple of business cards of other local businesses that have advertised for me.

I've arranged for some cupcakes to be made in my logo colours and along side these will be handing out bubbly and orange juice.

There will be 20% off all bookings on the day and an offer for the Microdermabrasion Facial that I'm launching that day.

Linzi x

Last edited:
in my experience, 'open days' are a baaaaaaad idea, especially if just a home salon.
- everyone will say they'll come-75% of these people won't show up
- your family will turn up.. and not leave
- people who do come will stay for a maximum of 10, 15 minutes for their goody bag and then go home 😂

if you're set on having an open day you really need to think hard about something for people to do while they're there!

Thank you so much ladies!! Great ideas & advice!! I actually wasn't planning on telling anyone about the 'goodie bags' as I thought people might just turn up for it no matter how small... Hmmm... I suppose at least they're getting to see the place? But I get where your coming from. Hmmm... I love the bath bomb suggestion though, where did you purchase them from? I've also thought about offering a 20% off booking on the night. It is only a single garage, maybe I'm just getting too excited about it.... Ugh I'm a bit unsure now 😂

Thank you so much for the advice & suggestions I'll take them all on board. 😕😊

Thank you so much ladies!! Great ideas & advice!! I actually wasn't planning on telling anyone about the 'goodie bags' as I thought people might just turn up for it no matter how small... Hmmm... I suppose at least they're getting to see the place? But I get where your coming from. Hmmm... I love the bath bomb suggestion though, where did you purchase them from? I've also thought about offering a 20% off booking on the night. It is only a single garage, maybe I'm just getting too excited about it.... Ugh I'm a bit unsure now 😂

Thank you so much for the advice & suggestions I'll take them all on board. 😕😊

I DEFINITELY wouldn't tell anyone about the goody bags. I did this on my last open house and had three clients walk in grab the bag and leave, right in front of me!! For the gift bags, dont go crazy. I got samples from all my suppliers of the products I carry and put a variety in each bag along with price lists etc. My bags cost me basically nothing as the samples were free so all I really paid for was the fancy bags around 5p each.

My best advice is dont go crazy on an open house, spend your money on advertising your business. that's what will bring in the big bucks!

We have had several open days as oppose to opening days. We advertise hugely, even had press coverage, and the turn out is really varied. We have a free car park outside as well, but are very off the beaten track.

We have a skin analysis event going at the same time which draws enquiries from other clientele and do make up demos. I find them a huge stress but sort of feel they're a necessary evil, and we do take a lot of money on the day through retail!

With a home salon, in all honesty, I don't know if I would go through it. You may be better off promoting your business well.

I had a home salon that was a spare room then we moved and I had a garage conversion and didn't do an open day with either, but did send invites to all my existing clients to let them know where I was moving to and when and offering them a 20% discount for their first treatment at my new premises.

Others may be of more help!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

in my experience, 'open days' are a baaaaaaad idea, especially if just a home salon.
- everyone will say they'll come-75% of these people won't show up
- your family will turn up.. and not leave
- people who do come will stay for a maximum of 10, 15 minutes for their goody bag and then go home 😂

if you're set on having an open day you really need to think hard about something for people to do while they're there!

See that's what I want from my open day.

The salon has been open 3 months now and I have been lucky that I already have loyal clients and have seen new clients visiting and revisiting regularly.

My open day is a chance to thank my clients old and new and introduce them to Microdermabrasion. It's also an informal opportunity to meet potential new clients, let them see the salon and hopefully for them to take advantage of the offers.

My salon is not huge and I'm hoping that people will come, have a drink, have a chat about the MD, maybe make a booking and then leave with their goody bag feeling happy (not bored) and like they want to visit again. I'd hate for people to feel that they had to stay longer than they wanted.

If they don't make a booking then I don't feel that I will have lost anything. At least new clients will know I'm here and that the salon is beautiful with a relaxing atmosphere. My regular clients will feel appreciated and hopefully continue to book in with me.

I don't see why it can't work with a home salon either. If space is limited then you just need to scale it down a bit.

I also think 'so what' if people only come for a goody bag - at least they are there and seeing for themselves what you have to offer. Surely that can't be a bad thing?

As for family members - I say if they're going to be there anyway then why not rope them into helping? Get them offering out drinks, handing out goody bags etc!

Linzi x

Thanks so much everyone!! I suppose I'm just a tad excited about my conversion as I've waited nearly a bloomin year for it!!! 😂😂
Thank you all x

Hi, how is your new business and how did your opening event go?

Hi, how is your new business and how did your opening event go?
Hi Gina! Thank you for asking!! The 'opening night' went great. Few friends, few clients & some took a friend along, plenty of compliments on my new room & plenty of bubbles too! They all left around 10.30 so not so late. I have 3 new clients from it too! It's going great!! I'd like to be busier but a lot of people want evening appointments and I can only manage one evening atm. [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back