Beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckyboo_x

Reaction score
Morning guys!

I've got a meeting later with a salon owner about renting a room, any tips on what questions to ask?? This is my first time doing anything like this and I've got no previous salon experience. Also if it all goes well and goes ahead I need product recommendations. I'm so scared!

Hi,
Research the salon well before you go so you have a good idea of their prices, brands used, how many other staff and what services they all do.
If there are other beauty therapists there - are they providing the same services as you and will they be working at the same time as you? (beware of what competition there will be)
If you are renting you will be self employed so check you will be in full control of your hours/holiday, taking your own money, giving out your own receipts etc. You will be responsible for your own insurance.
Check what your rent includes:
  • furniture
  • equipment
  • product provision
  • uniform - do they insist you wear the same as the others?
  • will your room be locked when you are not there?
  • will anyone else be using your room (in which case you may need to lock your products away)
  • agree the hours/days you get to use the room
  • what advertising is included?
  • are they ok with you having your own website and salon facebook page to generate clients?
  • cleaning?
  • discounts for staff when using salon services in your or their time off?
  • keys to your room and the whole salon?
  • check fire, H&S standards are all ok
  • Do they have shower & loo facilities for your clients?
  • What about client refreshments?

Sorry, that's a scary list but all important!
A lot of the above you can find out by having a general chit chat with the other staff.
Hope the meeting goes well, good luck :)

Thank you so much x

Latest posts

Back