Best set up to do spray tanning in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julier

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm opening a salon in a couple of weeks and keep changing my mind on how to do the spray tanning

I have a room free that it will be done but can't decide between purchasing a spray tanning booth with a built in extractor or making a kind of wet room look with tiled wall/ floor and then an a free standing extractor if I went for tiled option I was going to install a shower as well

I do not like the tents so won't be going down that route

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks!!

I'm the voice of caution. When we moved into our premises, it was 6 weeks before we did a spray tan. I think tents are quite unsatisfactory but for the amount we use it, it does the job!

I would personally use a tent until you see what your uptake on tans is. Is this the best use for a treatment room. Will it generate the best revenue for you? I considered doing what you're considering but am glad I didn't as we are now so busy I'll be using it for another therapist. You have to do a hell of a lot of spray tans to make either of your options worthwhile, but if I was to choose, I'd go for a booth because if you don't do many tans you can sell it and you can also move it to other places. We've just done 2 tans tonight but it's certainly not one of our most popular services.

Vic x

Thank you for the advice! I do have a lot of spray tan clients and parties hence why I was going to sacrifice a room for it however your advice is making me think twice! Haha
Thank you x

I would wet wall the room very cheap to buy, you can get sparkle effect etc, easy to wipe down, and looks clinical.

You are just starting so buy a complete deluxe kit which includes you spray tan machine, spare cups, tent and decent extraction unit which fits easily at the back of the tent to create a clean air environment which will benefit the customer and you as a technician. If you feel you are running a successful spray tan business upgrade to a extraction booth.

Wet wall and free standing extraction is cool.

When it comes to extraction look out for washable filters this will save you money in the long run. The Maxi Mist extraction systems have washable filters.

If you are in the position to spend that extra on a extraction booth go for it always will look the business and even more professional with the added wet wall !!!

Full spray tan deluxe kit check the Maxi Mist range!!

A good extraction booth would be the tanning essentials turbo twister tower, decent extraction and set up in minutes.

In my opinion i think extraction is very important and follows all spray tan FDA requirements.

Good Luck happy Tanning :)

Last edited:
I've just been looking today at the turbo twister tower, I recently started tanning from home and it's really taken off. I feel like the tent takes up far too much room and it doesn't look very good, we measured this morning so the tower would fit in the corner and looks really professional in the photos. Anyone had any experience of the turbo twister, would it do a good job of extraction as well as looking professional? Thanks :) x

Yes the turbo twister would do a good job and looks very professional, easy to set up, there is a video on YouTube showing it being set up.

Our Sunless Sun Extraction booth is Designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom by our skilled engineers. Supplied in three gloss colours Black, Purple and Pink, all easy to clean materials. Air and fluid extraction designed by ‘Axair Fans UK Ltd‘ with an air movement of 1,500m3/h (1,500 cubic square meter per hour) into our special designed washable filter which are reusable and easy to replace.

Our spray tan booths comes in only 2 boxes, the assembly takes less than 15 mins (NO TOOLS REQUIRED, THERE ARE ONLY 4 PIECES TO ASSEMBLE)

http://www.sunlesssun.co.uk/boothsextraction/sunless-sun-extraction-booth

good luck

Sunless Sun

Hi everyone

I'm opening a salon in a couple of weeks and keep changing my mind on how to do the spray tanning

I have a room free that it will be done but can't decide between purchasing a spray tanning booth with a built in extractor or making a kind of wet room look with tiled wall/ floor and then an a free standing extractor if I went for tiled option I was going to install a shower as well

I do not like the tents so won't be going down that route

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks!!
Hi there! I've recently had my garage converted and opted for a room with wet wall & shower. Perfect for me! I also have a free standing extractor fan [emoji4]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1435563874.319399.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1435563902.104583.jpg

I have been recommended tiling the walls, any problems people have found with this? Or is an extractor fan with the tent enough to take the most out of the air?

I do intimate waxing and Nouvatan spray tans. I had my garage converted and have a wet room to tan in. It works brilliantly.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450308534.686708.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450308545.567681.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450308557.951833.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1450308567.636757.jpg

Thanks for that. Looks great.very kind of you to reply back.

I'm selling a Sienna X butterfly booth along with the hvlp Sienna X pro spray machine . I want £500 for it. Let me know if anyone is interested

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,012.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back