Breaking news: Aqua Sheko to close

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hat

Reaction score
One of the pioneers of fish spas in the UK is set to close.

With modern, sleek venues across London, Aqua Sheko had been the choice for many guests seeking to dip their toes into the fishy sole solution.

However, the company - run by husband and wife Karen Ho and To Chan from Hong Kong - ran into financial trouble. They were seen in a recent episode of Dragons Den in which they unsuccessfully pitched for a £150,000 cash injection to open two new spas.

The news will undoubtedly throw up the debate as to the longevity and legitimacy of fish therapy, which uses small garra rufa fish to 'nibble' away dead skin.

Wahanda tweeted today: "Very sad to hear that Aqua Sheko fish spas have closed down - they were the first in London and our first fishy partner!"

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 454
Not really surprised...shame though

I remember the thread on here a while ago when most of us said it was just a passing whim.

Never nice to see a business fail but imo it is just too gimmicky and I beleive they are banned over here in most states for a reason.

the first of many to close i suspect, the market is saturated already, 2 new privately owned spas have just opened near me, just doing fish pedicures, i doubt they will cover set up costs . anyone opening up now has missed the boat. i know becase iv got 4 tanks in my beauty/tanning salon and the craze is on the down turn now.

Latest posts

Back