Colour correction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyvictoria

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents :)
Doing my friends hair on Monday...
Hair history from January 2012
Box colour base 4 or 5

May 2012
Full head of lowlights majicolour magenta red.

August
2 x box colours again to cover the red base 4 or 5.

No colours have been put on her hair since.

She wants to go lighter, so maybe a 7 or an 8? She wants it multitonal.

For those of you that has spoken to me before, I get a bit nervous about colour corrections!! Don't know why!? I just feel like I need reassurance:)
I did strand tests of bleach with12%
6/75 with 6% and 6/01 with 6%. I know she wants to go to a level 7 or an 8 eventually but I know you can't lift tint with tint so I stuck to a 6 hoping for maybe a tiny little bit of lift haha! I want to try and get it a bit lighter if I can possibly with out stripping it? All advice would be greatly appreciated. xxx

is this wella ur using? how did the bleach test piece turn out?
tint doesnt lift tint as rule of thumb but highlift tint sometines does lift 1-2 shades!?! i'd take another test piece to see, it depends on the build up. try 12/1 12%

i know it can be daunting with colour corrections but i am massive on test pieces its the best way to know an approx result ur gonna get,

dont forget to compensate for the roots too :)

good luck hunni xxx

Woah no bleach with 12%! At the very most use 6%, 12% should never be used with bleach anymore now most bleach brands allow for use with lower strength developers, only for highlifts.
Its going to have to be stripped somehow, thats the basis of colour correction dark to light. You can either use a colour remover like affinage erasor, rusk eliminate or something similar, or try a strand test with a bleach bath with 3% or 6%. It is known now that colour removing isn't that damaging to hair as long as you're careful with application and timing and of course using a good quality product.
Take test strands, and then then try with an ash level 8 as colours usually go a shade darker over stripped hair.

Thanks for the advice guys. I got told at college to use 12 percent on bases 5 and darker. I have got a couple more bits of hair left so will try the highlift! :)thankyou. Just an idea could I do a full head of bleach with 6 percent then wash off then put full head of foils through? Or would that not work?
X

Nope, much better for the hair to do two applications of 20vol than one of 40vol.

dear dear dear, these bloody college tutors should redo their training !!!!!!! . no offence to you lovely ;-). 12% WITH BLEACH IS A DEFO NO NO , a light cleanse with powder lightener far kinder to the hair ;-) xx

Latest posts

Back