Colour help/advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kj88

Reaction score
Hi All

So I have abit of a situation with my own hair, I qualified as a hairdresser when I left school and still do friends and family but haven’t worked in a salon for about 8 years so needing abit of advice.

I went to my usual salon and was asked if one of the newly qualified girls could do my hair, no problem at all with this as I know we all have to gain experience.

My natural colour is about a 7 and quiet a warm tone, I had previously had full head foils with alternate bleach an 8 and a 9, absolutely no issue with this colour at all infact I love it!! However, I am getting married next year and wanted to try and grow my hair as much as I could so to reduce damage from colour I asked for foils of a 6/77 koleston put through (I also stressed I didn’t want to many maybe ever other one)

What I actually got was a full heavy head of 4/77!!!! The colour haven’t taken great underneath and has not made the other no foiled parts an awful shade of orange!!! To say it’s a mess is an understatement.

I’m needing abit of advice of how best to lift this? I’m thinking of colour remover rather than anything bleach based as there won’t be much colour build up to remove. And follow with an all over 6/77?

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't touch it go to a senior hairdresser in a salon.

Firstly, go back to the salon and ask for a refund. They should have been supervising the newby very carefully and clearly didn’t do so they need to take responsibility and admit they cocked up.
Yes, you could try a color reducer like Affinage Eraser. It won’t cause damage as it’s not bleach based. Read the sticky at the top of this forum to make sure you understand the process. Use a tint 2 shades lighter than target to re-color. Don’t use Effasor as that’s more damaging.

Latest posts

Back