Complete beginner-really interested in getting into the nail industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katieg_

Reaction score
I've always been interested in getting into the beauty industry especially becoming a nail technician. I want to run a little business on the side of my full time career as i am in a industry with large demand for constant immaculate nails and would like to gain a skill i could keep with me forever and keep on the side through pregnancy, kids etc etc.

I am a complete beginner and have been looking at the CND training which i will most defiantly do. However does it benefit to do a level 1/&2 in nail elsewhere to begin with? Price isn't too much of an issue as i want a good official qualification - i have been trying to google but the internet is vague, is it city and guilds? I would prefer a 1/2 week course as i am in a full time career so unable to attend college for a year.

Are there any books i could order on starting your own nail business?

In the future i would love to branch out to reflexology too but keep it simple for a few years and see how it goes.

I am based in the West Yorkshire area.

Very much looking forward to all your answers, help and my new venture!!

Thank you!!

Check your local college for evening courses. You could do a level two qualification in nails which will include manicure and pedicure and extensions. You could do a course with CND afterwards.

It is possible to do your initial training with CND but I think it can be good to have a general qualification that will open you to using other brands.

Another exams board is vtct so you could google for private places that offer something like vtct level 2 nails in your area.

Latest posts

Back