Cutting hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiden

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

How would you cut hair extensions? How would you layer them? Would you layer like normal hair or slice to create layers?

thanking you in advance,
Aiden

Hi,
its hard to explain over a forum,and I wont anyway,our clients troll these sites, its unprofessional,

All I can tell you is its completely different from cutting normal hair, I even use different scissors for cutting extensions.

best thing would be to maybe to book on a course specifically for cutting extensions : )

no, no, I don't need to do my own hair. I'm bald!
I've been hairdressing for longer than I care to mention. I have recently relocated and a few clients want me to colour and cut their hair even though they have extensions. I do not do extensions, so I am looking for advice.

Hi there
there are many factors to concider before cutting extensions.
1. the amount of extensions you have and if this allows for layering.
2. the expected end result as many people may or may not want to layer

it can easily turn nasty if you cut into the extensions too much.
this may cause a squid like effect. especialy if you dont have enough weight.

light texturing to the hair extension to help blend the clientes hair so u cant tell where the connection is.

and one of the most horrible things i see is the unfinished blunt finish on each extension making them look blunt and not very natural.

there is an art to cutting and blending extensions so they blend in and do not stand out as fake.
im off to LA to some some extensions for the golden globes.
:)

Thank you luscious lox, that makes perfect sense to me, I was thinking of slice cutting down the hair shaft? so that I won't leave a blunt cut. I hate that too.

Latest posts

Back