Do you have an effective website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudioTracker

Reaction score
Salon Websites are becoming a hot topic. Many salons are facing tough economic conditions and are looking to adopt new marketing practices through having an online presence. Salons are looking to find a better return on their marketing investment and as recent reports indicate that customers are switching from the high street to the internet, web marketing can be deemed the way forward.

If you are investing in a website it is essential that you ensure it is effective and that it will enable you to create relationships with potential customers, here are a few pointers to think about when constructing your web page.

First Impressions
Obvious necessities of your site are that it is that it is pleasant looking and you need your website to have a professional design, after all it will determine prospect customers first impressions of your salon and will be representative of the brand image you are aiming to portray.

Read Content Thoroughly
Ensure all content has been read through to ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors, also be selective and to the point with the information you provide, the aim is to keep your material informative, concise and clear in order to maintain your potential customers attention.

Contact Information
Ensure your contact information is visible, include a map with directions, your address, telephone number and email address and opening and closing information, if customers cannot find or make contact with you they cannot do business with you.

About Us
The about us section of your website provides you with the opportunity to provide customers with information about yourself and key staff. Any qualifications, training, information on how you became involved in the beauty industry and how long you have been practising should all be displayed here. All this information will enable potential customers to build a relationship with you and your salon.

Testimonials
A testimonial section for your website is essential for prospect customers as this information provides your salon with credibility. This also provides you with the opportunity to showcase pictures of your work, this will not only give potential customers piece of mind in your abilities but may attract them to your salon.

Capture Visitor Information
It is important to try and collect as much information as you can from visitors to help you convert these into regular customers. Provide the option for visitors to be informed of upcoming offers and discounts you will be having at your salon. This will enable you to gather their contact information, and remember that customers who sign up to this option will be interested in your salon therefore ensure you send them tempting offers to transform them into frequent clients.

In my opinion if you have a website then you probably think it is effective. Although not everyone will be in agreement with yours or you with theirs. I would imagine that if you are a website geek and this is what you enjoy then your website should up there amongst the best. For me personally, I'm not, and gave the basics to a web designer to design around my input.

I have read various reports that you need at least 8 pages to put your point across to potential clients but for me I never personally look at websites that have too many pages. If it doesn't tell me what I need to know with a few clicks then I lose interest. I have also read that this is really to do with google and content value but I could well be wrong.

This is just a non-techy point of view :eek:

As consumers of content - video’s natural for us. By communicating ‘naturally’, we touch hearts and minds. Video delivers "Social Proof"; Word of Mouth has always been the most powerful form of advertising and through the medium of Interactive Video on the Web, real customers' with real experiences', can easily share these experiences with millions of people across the Globe - driving better conversion rates.

Read an article I published, on: The Social Aspects of Interactive Video Are Amazing:

Flash Video Player - The Social Aspects Of Interactive Video Are Amazing.

Making smart investments in technology can make a real difference to the effectiveness of a business today. The challenge, particularly for SMEs, is to know what is available and how to implement them for the best return.

Small businesses need to be more responsive and quicker off the mark than their larger counterparts -
SMEs need to think "SMART EXPENDITURE".

Clarity in Motion

Wow!
Very amazing! This article is very relevant and this is really true.

Just marking for later!

Latest posts

Back