Extractor fans

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterstorm

Reaction score
I’m not sure if this particular question has already been asked, but I’m 2 weeks from completing my nail tech cert - and I love acrylic but obviously not wild about the scent wafting through my entire house (I’ve got dogs and a snake, not sure if this is safe at all given their olfactory senses top ours by 50000!). I personally have never found an “odourless System” that I liked, even tried CNE’s - that dispersion layer when you’re practicing etc is just nowhere near as easy to remove as she said, and I’m fast enough now to not need something that gives near 90 seconds to dry. Husband was wondering if getting something like a bathroom extractor fan fitted into the ceiling/wall by an electrician would be strong enough to combat the fumes. Has anyone tried this? Once fully qualified I would be working from home, as nails and remedial/hot stone massage are my side hustle, I’m an RN as primary job. The massage I already offer mobile services, but I’m debating doing that for nails when ready.

The vapours and smells from Acrylics and some other nail products are very toxic and harmful to humans and pets. An odourless system still has these products in them so could be more harmful as you don't notice it so much. You will need a unit that has Activated Carbon Filters to remove these toxic substances at source before you breathe them in. If you take a look at the website www.ravair.co.uk you will see a range of units that will remove these vapours and/or toxic nail dust and there is plenty of information as to what to look for. It may be possible to find a similar product in Australia or contact Ravair for postage rates. The Flexi and Wall mounted vapour extractor combo are particularly popular for home salons. Do not waste your money on a bathroom extractor or anything like it, it will definitely not work, vapours are heavier than air and will be around the room before this type of extractor can begin to work.

Latest posts

Back