Gelish, I only need six!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattiegirl

Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out and have a select group of people I do gelish manicures for while I build up my skills I only have four colours so far, Caution, June Bride, Taffeta & Sugar N Spice. I'm about to put in an Order for another six cause that's all I can afford right now but it's just so hard to choose. I have taken not account the requests of my group and my short list is below but as you can see I have really only decided on one! :(

• - Black Shadow - for another dark
    - Either Sheek white or article white for French tips is there a difference? I read that Sheek White is a bit thin
    - A pink/coral not too similar to sugar n spice- either, Shake it til you samba, Passion or sweet morning dew.
    - A glitter for layering - either Vegas nights, silver sands or water fields?
    - Izzy whizzy lets get busy, as I've heard this is good for layering but is that just because its a glitter or does it change the colour also? Do I need this and the glitter? I just live the aurora collection oh wait and the shadow and the all about the glow this is what's causing he problems!
    - Garden teal party or Radiance is my middle name
    - A purple - either, you glare I glow, starburst, nigh reflection, or he loves me he loves me not

I know a red is always popular but it hasn't been mentioned so I thought I'd wait and buy a glittery red like good gossip or all tied up with a bow before Christmas. TBH it could be a while before my plan to expand my select group I'm having fun just learning at the moment but any help choosing my next set of colours would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking for days and the only thing happening is growing wish list as you can see that is already 7 even if I pick one from each line :o I don't think I'll ever get this order in.

I don't carry a huge range of gelish as I also use shellac however my most popular colour for summer is Passion. Other popular ones are night reflection and black cherry berry( I was going through a bottle a week at one point). Good luck with your choices x

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using SalonGeek

Black shadow is great for layering with all the different glitters on top

sheek white is great for french, artic white is a bright 'tipex' white and quite thick to apply

izzy wizzy is a MUST its amazing and just makes any colour look that extra bit special esp over black shadow, caution and night reflection, it gives a purply/blue sparkle

i just got radience from the glows and its stunning and perfect for summer

purples is a difficult one, i got all 3 on your list and love them all , you glare is nice and bright for summer and night reflection maybe more for winter and starburst is a more 'safe' purple and very popular

hope this helps i know its very hard to choose when your starting out and all these amazing colours are shouting out at you, but someway somehow you will find a way to feed your gelish habit as once you start its a slippery slope :)

Although you've not mentioned it, tikki tikki lantana is very popular at the moment, it's a really bright orange. Passion is also doing well for me at the moment. I use June bride for layering and adding glitter to all colours, I haven't invested in another one as this does the job just fine!

I've fallen in love with the all about the glow collection, brilliant if you want to try a bright colour x

I think Black shadows and essential,

Shake it til you samba is lovely, a really bright pink, and is really popular with my clients.

As for purple I have star burst and its lovely

Garden Teal Party is one of my favourites, im wearing it right now.

June bride is a lovely glittery colour but I find its quite translucent so needs to be worn over something, I want to try Izzy Wizzy

As for your French I use light elegant which is a nice shimmering pink, and I use sheek white but wish id got arctic freeze as its a brighter white which most of my clients prefer, and if you have a client wanting a softer finish you can just do the white before the pink.

As for red, personally id get a plain red and you can always layer with a glittery coat x

I have 22 colours and 9/10 clients all choose the same one: light elegance.

If I had to pick one glitter I would have Vegas nights, defiantly get black and shake it till... ,star burst is popular too :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

O and red hot rod is a real true red :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I'll second hot rod red, it's the only one some of my clients wear!

Passion definitely. Black shadow I love but very rarely get asked for it. Vegas nights for glitter.

Right I've listened to all your thoughts and here goes...

Black Shadow (at least I managed to decide one)
Izzy Wizzy (I'll use this and June Bride as my glitters for now)
Sheek White
Radiance Is my middle name
You Glare I Glow
Shake it til you samba
Tiki Tiki Lara ga

And 5 on the wish list but hey my birsthday is in a few months...:D order going in tonight unless I change AGAIN, and yes I still landed with 7!

I think that's a great choice , u won't b disappointed :)

If I had to say my most popular 6 they would be starburst, stand out, tiger blossom, my forbidden love, good gossip and gossip girl. I hate black shadow because it needs 4 or 5 coats and I try to avoid using it. I love Vegas nights and its the most popular glitter. I have Izzy Wizzy but its really just a blue sparkle and I don't use it as much as Vegas. I have some ACG colours too and Haute cout orange is so popular, it's slightly pale than Tiger blossom with gold specks in it. Also the Shadows collection are lovely.

Waterfield.....we are having a French tip with Waterfield trend right now lol

Right I've listened to all your thoughts and here goes...

Black Shadow (at least I managed to decide one)
Izzy Wizzy (I'll use this and June Bride as my glitters for now)
Sheek White
Radiance Is my middle name
You Glare I Glow
Shake it til you samba
Tiki Tiki Lara ga

And 5 on the wish list but hey my birsthday is in a few months...:D order going in tonight unless I change AGAIN, and yes I still landed with 7!

I would get the pink from the new glow collection rather than shake it til you samba as it has better coverage xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back