Google

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
I know this has been asked lots of times, but I am not interested in Ad Words, but I was once told if you had *can't remember what theyre called either* key words within your website then you would become higher ranked on google? I.e. the areas you work in, listed in the title on your website page so it appears on every page. Do you have to put the treatments you offer in there too? the writing of the areas I cover is very small, its just to help with google rankings, although unless i type in the name of my business I am not coming up. I hope this is making sense to someone as it just about makes sense to me. x

I get what you mean :)
There are certain rules to follow with title tags and every page shouldn't have the same. Also should be a certain amount of characters maximum.

Who built your website? Also who hosts it? These play a part in your rankings too. Just adding title tags if a brief start. Content is one of the most important factors.

I get what you mean :)
There are certain rules to follow with title tags and every page shouldn't have the same. Also should be a certain amount of characters maximum.

Who built your website? Also who hosts it? These play a part in your rankings too. Just adding title tags if a brief start. Content is one of the most important factors.

Oh phew, thank god someone else knows what I am going on about.

Now this is the part where I am going to get a telling off! Vistaprint :o. I only chose to go with them to keep my start-up costs to a minimum (I bought my own domain name though just in case). I have only just got back into nails. I previously had a website designed and hosted by the lovely Verve Designs and Ruth Mills but I didn't generate that much business from it.

Oh phew, thank god someone else knows what I am going on about.

Now this is the part where I am going to get a telling off! Vistaprint :o. I only chose to go with them to keep my start-up costs to a minimum (I bought my own domain name though just in case). I have only just got back into nails. I previously had a website designed and hosted by the lovely Verve Designs and Ruth Mills but I didn't generate that much business from it.

I completely understand. They serve a purpose. Ruth I know is now very busy with other work for a big company and we now have taken over her role and do websites for her clients with Verve.

I can hand on heart - not me trying to get your business - tell you, you won't rank a vista print site. It's well documented on google. Also phew you didn't register your domain through VistaPrint because they charge you to let you have it if you leave the cheek!

I completely understand. They serve a purpose. Ruth I know is now very busy with other work for a big company and we now have taken over her role and do websites for her clients with Verve.

I can hand on heart - not me trying to get your business - tell you, you won't rank a vista print site. It's well documented on google. Also phew you didn't register your domain through VistaPrint because they charge you to let you have it if you leave the cheek!

Sorry for the delay in jumping back on this thread. Yeah I spoke to her the other day and things are really picking up for her, so pleased :)

Oh really? What a shame. Well the reason I bought my domain name through 123 reg was simply the fact that I am using vistaprint initially to see how well my business goes and if it goes well then I will look into having a website designed again (will deffo use Carl and you if you now work with him). Do they really? I initially thought they were cheap for printing etc but when you add your VAT on and then the postage which, IMO is extortionate! But for now, I am going to see if I can build my client base up :) thanks for the reply x

Latest posts

Back