Hair | The Man Bob Is Here And It's Taking Off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There are always a few questionable trends that seem to emerge from fashion week and the man bob is possibly the most recent. According to Aveda hairstylist Amy Farid backstage at Hood by Air on Sunday morning, the man bob is here, hip and happening.

Speaking to Fashionista.com she said, "Man bobs is a moment. It's here. It's here. Get ready for it. It's kind of that '90s Johnny Depp — remember when Johnny Depp had that look? Like Michael Hutchence, but these kids today are taking it to the [next] level... I think some of it started in the streets, which is always skater boys like, 'F**k it, I'm just going to cut my hair,' and then people in fashion, we see it and we're like, 'Oh my god. We love it.' Then everyone kind of starts doing that. Then [a model's] agent is like, 'He has long hair but we want to keep it long but not that long, so you're getting a man bob.' That's how our world works."

Yes, she may talk like a valley girl, and yes, her quote may sound like an quote from 'Clueless', but who are we to argue?

Hair geeks - prepare yourself. The man bob may be the next thing to walk through your door.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• MTIzMDQ5NjY0ODg1OTE3MTk2.jpg
    MTIzMDQ5NjY0ODg1OTE3MTk2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 519
No,just no!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep! i have a "Man Bob" client already....to be fair, I think he's had it since the 90's :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back