help! hair extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeGem

Reaction score
how many micro ring hair extensions to do full head? if i buy them in 25 pieces per bag?

Can anybody explain grades of hair extensions, after ones for clip in only.

Im getting totally confused lol.

After a 60 shade, and daughter will probably shampoo wither a silver shampoo, realise this could damage extensions.

Obviously after human hair, but presume different grades

Am i thinking its cheaper to attach own clips. Sick of buying rubbish ones from sallys, they are as thin as anything and while they same human hair i think they go really nasty.

sorry meant to post this as a new thread,

how many micro ring hair extensions to do full head? if i buy them in 25 pieces per bag?

Hello

Deegem, it would depend on how fine/thick your natural hair is and how thick you would like it to be with extensions. Try 5-6 packs for a full head, if you want your hair to look quite thick you may need 7 or 8.

Troggles, I wouldn't worry too much about the grading of hair. What I was told in traing is Grade AAA is human cuticle aligned hair and will stay tangle free which prevents matting from occuring.

Grade A is human hair which has undergone some form of chemical treatment in the production process but again is quite durable and is cuticle correct.

Grade B/C is said to be the lowest quality which could be a mixture of human hair and synthetic.

I have since heard quite a few differrent definitions of the grades but I as I said I wouldn't get too concerned about this. What you need to ensure is that the hair is human and the hair is cuticle correct (Remy) I recommeded a couple of sites for you in your last thread if you would like hair type (brands) recommendations then PM me. If the hair is good quality human hair then your daughter should be able to treat this hair as if it were her own in terms of dying,straightning & curling etc.

I dont really think it would be that much cheaper to sew clips in yourself although buying the hair in wefts means you can cut the wefts down to the circumference of your daughters head which will probably look and feel better. Sewing in the clips is a long boring task though lol

I usually buy 8 packs and just plough on until i've either run out or got to a point where it looks natural and a thickness that the client is happy with. If you use less, you have a small stock to keep for further clients should one come along with the same hair colour etc. Or I use mine for top ups and maintenance.

Can anybody explain grades of hair extensions, after ones for clip in only.

Im getting totally confused lol.

After a 60 shade, and daughter will probably shampoo wither a silver shampoo, realise this could damage extensions.

Obviously after human hair, but presume different grades

Am i thinking its cheaper to attach own clips. Sick of buying rubbish ones from sallys, they are as thin as anything and while they same human hair i think they go really nasty.

sorry meant to post this as a new thread,

Hi, here is the link to your last thread which has a few recommended websites to purchase hair extensions: http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/110851-clip-hair-extensions-where-what.html

thanks have ordered some from buy hair but not expecting great stuff, as limited choice from them as the coolour is 1001, found the lady really helpful, they are due to arrive tommorow.

But looking to find some good ones, those ones were a quick fix for a impatient daughter.

I would say in my experience 75 does half a head of fine hair

Hi there DeeGem
This would depend on firstly the density of the persons hair to start with.
Generally speaking.
Secondly the type of extension your using as the weight of can vary and ring size also vary which will allow or not allow thicker extensions to be used.

It might take a few installs to become farmilar with the product your using to be able to understand what you will need in the future
hope this helps

Latest posts

Back