Help: natural nails peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade-v

Reaction score
Hey geeks wondered if you could be of any help. I had a friend of a friend message me a few weeks back explaining her natural nails peel and would shellac help. I explained I didn't think it would infact the shellac would probably just chip when the nail peeled. She messaged me just to say she spoke to a last who offers gelish and asked her the same question. Said lady told her gelish would be fine an her nails would be okay. Needless to say her nails are apparently worse than ever and she has asked to remove and help her natural nails. Now as I don't use gelish I'm not sure how would be best to remove them and also what would be ideal way considering the state of her natural nail.
I was also wondering if the ibx polish I have read so much about would be useful in her situation. If so which ibx polish would be the best one?
Thanks in advance x

Hiya, I don't use Gelish but from what I've read on here you have to buff the top coat first then CND remover will take it off. I'm sure a Gelish user will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for IBX, I would highly recommend using this on your client, you will need both Repair and Strengthen if her nails are delaminated. You can use this under Shellac or on its own.

There is also a new CND product called 'RescueRXX' I have not used it myself but there is a thread on here about it. It is used as a stand alone treatment that is recommended for best results, you do not polish over. HTH x

After taking a cnd class they say that it is the scraping off that is more damaging then the acetone. so let her soak as long as possible to reduce any more damage. Sometimes with a client has the cheap no chips on that are hard to remove i file the top smooth and leave a thin layer on to grow out. But im not familiar with that brand.

But i agree rescue rx if she will go without polish.

If she refuses which i have cleints who refuse... i like the hydration therapy strengthener and solar oil

Gelish is not difficult to remove, but the top coat is acetone resistant, so it helps to break the seal by buffing the top coat. It may need to soak a bit longer than Shellac, but not very much. As LizOmen points out, it is the scraping that does the damage, so if it doesn't remove easily, re-wrap and soak longer.

IBX isn't a polish that sits on top of the nails, it is a treatment that is absorbed into the nails and fuses the nail layers together. I find it does a remarkable job on peeling nails. You would use both IBX Repair and IBX for peeling nails. The application is a bit tedious, especially the first one, and it requires a heat source, like a blow dryer or 75w incandescent bulb, as well as a UV or LED lamp. But the results are excellent.

Latest posts

Back