Hey folks! Would Shiseido Beauty Consultant certification from Japan transfer to US?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanction77

Reaction score
Hey folks! I was trying to do research all over on behalf of my wife for hours and found this cozy spot on the internet and figured I'll inquire with the pros in the business! Sorry for intruding suddenly!

I've been scouring the web and trying to call the government Professional and Vocational Licensing office here in Hawaii but no answer or callback and no useable info so far :grr:.

If anyone here can help us, I would appreciate it! :lol:

Basically, my wife is from Japan and she was a Beauty Consultant for Shiseido for 5 years. I told her to bring any and all certifications she could over her career there but she said after all she'd done, the only thing they gave her is the initial certification that states she's passed the course and became a BC. She's taken their tests, became a manager, a trainer, got A on Shiseido's skin ranking system, and then she was a freelance makeup artist doing contests before I brought her here. Makeup is her livelihood but we're unsure if she can continue that line of work without having to go through a US accredited beauty school for certification and licensing.

Anyone here have experience with this situation? Could someone who is professionally certified to do makeup/skincare in Japan able to continue doing so in the US/Hawaii without additional schooling? Could she transfer her Japan credentials here somehow? Is licensing mandatory; is accepting money for makeup services or skincare services without a license wholly illegal? Or is it like a scuba diving cert or a skydiving cert where it's mostly a collectively self-governed affair?

Any advice or help, much appreciated! Thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back