Hot stones massage - having a complete brain freeze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
A bit of a random question but I'm only asking because I have bad circulation and have always been paranoid I'm misjudging the temp of my stones ( I always check with my clients but feel the stones cool quickly). I have an heater from Ellisons, how long do you heat your stones for before use and do you fill the heater with hot or cool water? I acquired this (my only ever) heater from another therapist so don't know for certain my method is right and to be honest hot stones is defiantly not popular in my area.

I massaged a colleague with hot stones the other day and the next day, around her patella, a big bruise appeared. Would you say that it is definitely due to me putting too much pressure on the area. I didn't feel like I did but I can't think of any other reason. It has really rocked my already shaky confidence with this treatment

Who did you train with for your hot stones if you don't mind me asking? Temperature should have been covered in your training.

Latest posts

Back