How do you advertise to get new clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytoes

Reaction score
Hey hair geeks, I was hoping some of you could share what you find is the most effective way to advertise in order to gain new clients?

I have used facebook, texting all family and friends regularly especially when i have offers on. And basically spreading the word to everyone i know.

This week i have started leafleting around my area, it felt weird at first but i just carried on for 2 hours thinking how many calories i may burn today!!

Anyway after posting approx 150 leaflets i get a call in the evening, except i am on a course and i missed the damn call. so i try to call back and left a message for them to call me..without trying to sound desperate lol..but no-one called me back...still i have about 500 leaflets to go and was considering to post a lot more in my surrounding area. I just wasn't sure if it was worth it.

While i was on my rounds i stopped to give my leaflets out on the street to a few people and they seemed friendly and interested. Now my instinct tells me i should do it this way because if people have met you then they are likely to call you.

I work from home and i do 1 or 2 clients a week and i have just recently started.

Any thoughts much appreciated....and sorry for the long post! :o

Look on biz geek for "more ways to promote your business" xoxo

I'm a bloody good hairdresser and my clients know it so they recommend me! No advertising x

Look on biz geek for "more ways to promote your business" xoxo

I have had a sneak peek and there are some great ideas on there, alot of reading so need to go back and have a look, thanks so much! x

Only been mobile for 5 months hut only advertised for the first 4/5 weeks now it's word of mouth and I'm doing on average 4 clients a day on a 6 day week and that's traveling between and picking my son my at 12 and taking him to his dad's (takes about an hour) which I don't think is bad going and at about 5 colour in week

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I'm a bloody good hairdresser and my clients know it so they recommend me! No advertising x

Yes that sounds about right:p, except i have a looooong way to go but i am bloody determined to get there!:D

I make sure i do my bestest of best each time i have a client, and you just know when they are happy, so hopefully word will spread. my kind family and friends have offered to take my leaflets and give them out to their friends etc..so fingers crossed.

Thank you Blue! x

Only been mobile for 5 months hut only advertised for the first 4/5 weeks now it's word of mouth and I'm doing on average 4 clients a day on a 6 day week and that's traveling between and picking my son my at 12 and taking him to his dad's (takes about an hour) which I don't think is bad going and at about 5 colour in week

Wow Pinky kez - you are doing really well, i am on month 2 working from home with about 2 clients a week so hopefully i will become busier in a few more months, i get well excited every time i book an appointment:p

But i agree word of mouth is the best way!

Maybe do an offer if you recommend someone they get x% off even if it just gets your name out there, also I tend to drop in in friends at weekends (all have kids the same age) and just drop it in to conversion, doing a friend's hair in a few weeks went to do a colour consultantion and her mum was there and also booked in :-D

A salon I was at recently was the same, she has been there almost 40 years and doesn't advertise for new clients, only does 4 days a week, and only until 1 pm.
She also gives the best business advice and is coming to visit my salon to see how I'm getting on (were 5 miles apart, her in a village and me classed as town centre) as there isn't any competition between us. I would trust and listen to her if she said I would be safe walking through fire, and trust her that after some small advertising to get it out that I'm where I am I won't need advertising to get people in.

It's my first week and I have so far had 10 clients and sorting out a wedding package tomorrow (will be paid in full tomorrow too). So don't get disheartened, I have absolutley blagged Facebook with the price list and opening offers. Keep your chin up and it will come xoxo

hi :D well im planning on using facebook and bb messenger when I eventually start (just planning and gettin sorted at the min)

sam xoxo

Latest posts

Back