How to create a salon business plan that you can stick to

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenstep00

Reaction score
You can also watch this article as a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2n2elJEW1E Feel free to share.

When it comes to creating a salon business many new salon owners will create a business plan that includes things such as rent, electricity, phone bills, approximate cost of supplies and as many outgoings as they can possibly think about.
Once this is complete, they’ll write down an approximate of how much money they’ll make, based on population and competition in the area.
They may consider their advertising budget…and that’s where it all ends.
Often this business plan document ends up in a nice little pile, tucked away in a desk draw or on your laptop somewhere that you’ll never remember to look again.
So how do you bring a business plan to life?
The business plan I am talking about isn’t really about outgoings and potential earnings. I’m sure that once you’re in business for more than a month you’ll start understanding what your outgoings are VERY QUICKLY!
What you really need to keep in mind is how much you want your salon to turnover. Once you have this figure you can start working backwards. Divide it into monthly targets, weekly targets, daily targets and so forth.
Obviously your outgoings will be factored in to your expected turnover figure, but what you need to focus on are a few key principles called your Key Performance Indicators (your KPIs).
If you don’t understand these fundamentals then you will have a business that can work itself into the ground very rapidly. As well as have you burning the candle at both ends being busy, but ineffective.
Yes there are countless tasks on your to-do list when you become a salon owner. So let’s take a look at where you really need to stay focused in order to stay in business for the long term.
A successful and thriving business requires constant vigilance of the following four areas of your salon’s performance.

These include:

1. Gaining new customers
2. Retaining customers
3. Increasing customer service spend
4. Increasing customer retail spend

That’s it.

I know you’re used to being busy 24/7 but being busy doesn’t always ensure great results.
Now if you can create a business plan around these four areas and work towards improving each of these areas in your business every day, then I can guarantee you that you will have a thriving, profitable and long standing salon business.

Understanding and always aiming to improve the 4 key areas that I have mentioned above are what will ensure your business’ growth and profitability.
It will allow you to have more time and money freedom to do more of the things that matter most to you.
If you feel you need extra guidance for your salon success feel free to download your free report by clicking on the link below:
http://www.acceleratingabundance.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back