Ink London, disappointed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anneself

Reaction score
I need some help on INK London ILAC. I bought a trial kit and tried it out on my daughter using the Fluid Rubber, 2 coats of colour and the Rock top coat. I used a GELeration LED lamp as I didn't want to purchase the lamp as I was only trying it out. It has started to chip at the cuticle after 3 days. Do you think this is to do with the lamp or the way I applied it. I really loved the way the product and it was so easy to use. Just a little disappointed that it hasn't lasted longer. Look forward to hearing your comments.

Not specifically for INK London but generally with Gel Polish, chipping at the cuticle is usually down to application. It could be either incorrect cure - finger placement in the lap. Product too thick at cuticle - a different shaped brush will hold a different amount of product so did you over do it? Insufficient coverage of colour coats - again, a different brush will perform differently, did you thoroughly cover the colour coats?

Free edge chipping is a different issue

I have been using iLac with the INK lamp for a year now and haven't had any problems at all. It's very tricky when you just want to try a product before investing in the whole system and I admit I did the same as you and just tried it on myself and my daughter. I was fortunate that I didn't get any chipping or lifting in my short trial period and I went on to purchase the lamp very quickly. Please don't give up on iLac yet though, it really is a lovely product. It is most likely that your lamp isn't suitable. I'm not familiar with GELeration so can't say if their application technique is different so would be worth you contacting INK direct for some advice. Have you joined their Facebook group? It's really good for asking advice and you'll get replies from other nail techs and INK educators. X

Latest posts

Back