Lunch ideas for hair stylist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohkayrami

Reaction score
Since I work in a salon, I'm a classic scarf down something ordered in or forgo a lunch all together. Does anyone manage to eat really healthy meals or even decent ones that I can pack up and take for work? Any tips or ideas are great!

Ermmm..lol...salad? Tuna salad, ham and cheese pitta bread, couscous with chargrilled chicken? Fruit, yoghurt? The list is endless.....

I hate taking lunch to work. I always end up with some crappy ready meal or fruit

For my fitness goals (while not pregnant) meal prep is a must and once you get the hang of it and it becomes a habit it's simple. I love a quick salad- some green mix with chopped vegetables like bell pepper, tomato and/or cucumber, smoked salmon (or roast chicken if fish is not your thing but then I suggest a bit of extra virgin olive oil), herbs and nuts and/or seeds is fabulous. I love cottage cheese so that on rye bread with herbs and pepper is an option. With a little creativity those two can be created on the go (except the black bread part as it is hard to come by in Ireland and UK). For a superfood snack a refrigerator oatmeal is great only I ditch the oatmeal and use buckwheat flakes instead- add yogurt, almond milk (or another milk of your choosing), goji berries, chia seeds, chopped prunes or apricots, cocoa nibs and spirulina (just beware that it will turn everything very green), give it a stir and pop it in the fridge to grab in the morning. I usually had a few of those prepared just in case.

Ofcourse there is always the option of cooking a little extra of your dinner the previous day and taking that with you or going the way of a fitness enthusiast and really cooking for the whole week in advance but it really depends on what you want. I always hate myself if I am forced to eat junk so I try to plan ahead but not organised enough for all week meal preps. Some go-to emergency ideas are great to have at hand for the crazy day.

Oh, thanks!!!

I take rice that takes 2 mins in the microwave and some cooked chicken. Tuna and ryvitas aswell x

Latest posts

Back