Nails | Fancy A Festive Smelling Manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Let's face it...we know a gimmick when we see one. But gimmicks don't have to be a terrible thing, right? Sometimes, they're fun. Sometimes, they're funny and sometimes they're pretty inventive.

Revlon's new Parfumerie collection, is without doubt a gimmick, but is it a complete waste of time? The collection is made up of twenty-four polishes that come in crisp, unexpected scents like Italian Leather and Fresh Linen. However, Jenna Rosenstein, Editorial Assistant at allure.com reckons that it's the holiday fragrances that really work.

"Creamy green Balsam Fir smells about as close to the real thing as a nail varnish could get," she explains. "I've been painting it on four nails and using Autumn Spice, a red-copper, as an accent color (and scent). Wintermint is a shimmery green with flecks of gold and ice blue glitter that looks, and smells, festive."

The scents only last for about a day, so you'll be changing your polish regularly if you want the scent to last.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• pic_561.jpg
    pic_561.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 126
Years ago, when Miss Selfridge did makeup (not sure if they have started doing it again) I had a lovely bottle of shimmery blue nail varnish that smelt of chocolate when dry, it was fantastic! Although I might have looked a little odd sat there sniffing my fingers...

Latest posts

Back