Netbooks, notebooks & MS Outlook...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
For all my pc savvy friends... I need to pick your brains..

I used to use a Palm... I've had TWO to date.. and found them to be a PITA in terms of getting software to run properly.. and getting 'support' to use them. Constantly needing resets, blah blah blah.
ANYHOW my 2nd one just crapped out after 4mths use, the on/off switch is busted. I called palm to find out that yes, I can send it in for repairs BUT although new, the best I can hope for is a refurbished replacement with only 30 days warranty:eek::!:

Anyhow... right now I'm going INSANE.
I don't want another palm.. not worth the aggro. I want something I can depend on. I can NOT go back to 'paper' for organizing my life, it's simply impossible.
I do NOT want a blackberry and getting stuck with paying a 2nd internet (aka data plan), it doesn't make sense to pay for two internets since I'm working at home.
I have not heard good things about the IPAQ (pocket pc by HP).

AND I've seen Netbooks/notebooks mini for cheaper than IPAQ that do WAAY more.

They are between 7 -9" big, which fits in all my purses just fine.
They cost less than the IPAQ and do much more.

So my question is this: what are your thoughts on netbooks
(example: STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS&=&=)

AND does there exist a Freeware/software that's compatible with Outlook (NOT Outlook Express) as I like to use that particular calendar.

THANKS

Ive seen a really cute net book (its pink) in Tesco and is actually a better spec than my laptop.

At the moment I use by Blackberry storm (but Im only using that for personal stuff not business) which takes some getting used too but works for me.

My old boss used to have a PDA and everytime I had to update it it drove me nuts so I dont like the things either.

Having had a play with netbooks Id say that they are very easy to use and do LOTS more than most other organising machines can (and you can get them with proper windows and not Vista)

Thanks! looks like a great idea to me too.
Seems to make more 'sense' in a financial way? And for sure it'll fit in my purses (I have big purses lol) and it's not much bigger than my wet-wipe case that's always in my purse (kids and their dirty hands....)

I'm just sounding this idea out, because you know how it is: you think something is better... later find out you wasted your money (like I did with palm :rolleyes:) and I don't want a repeat performance.

THANKS again!

well exactly, if you buy 1 in 5 years rather then 2 or 3 of an equivilent it makes total sense and I think you often get better warranties on computer type stuff

Latest posts

Back