NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 2-a few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommabear

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I, waiting to start my level 2 beauty therapy in september. Already qualified in nails.

Just wanting a bit of advice really, im stuck between doing monday and tuesday evenings 4-8 or tuesday 10-6........i thought it would b best to do the e ening ones until i noticed the times, i have 2 boys aged 5 and 2 and im thinking it would b best to mayb do the full day and put my youngest in nursery an extra day and my eldest in after school club, have any of you geeks done this?

Another question, i have noticed on here a few geeks have mentioned that theyve had the oppurtunity to do say for example gelish training at a reduced cost whilst in college, does this go for every college do you think? As id love to bet the chance to do gelish traing etc.

Im 24 and a bit nervous as i just know i will be in a class of 16/17 yr olds looking at me like shes a bit past it to b here haha

Any insight as to what its like would be grateful, ive been in college before but that was for business and it studies (big jump of career change lol)

Xoxoxox

Can't advise you regards child care, but would like to put you at ease about being 24. There's a lot of geeks on this forum including myself who didn't start their beauty career until their late 30's or early 40's and maybe later still, sp don't let age put you off.

Can't advise you regards child care, but would like to put you at ease about being 24. There's a lot of geeks on this forum including myself who didn't start their beauty career until their late 30's or early 40's and maybe later still, sp don't let age put you off.

Thanks tonicj, i hope im not the only one on the course :) xx

Don't worry about people being younger. I did my level 2 at age 36 and was not the oldest. Youngest was 17 and we all got on like a house on fire. I did evenings and found this easier to fit around my family as husband was at home then and didn't have to stress about school hols/childcare probs.

I started my level 2 aged 42! you're just a baby! you'll love it, have fun xx

It will probably be more mature students doing the evening classes. It was when I was at college. And maybe part time workers who do the Full day. They could be any age.
I know lots of people who have studied as a mature student (anyone Over 21)
You will probably learn better and take notice of things and have the younger ones asking you for help! More likely than thinking your past it!
You'll love it :)

LolliDolli💋

I'm doing the level 2 in September too :) my course is 2 evening (5pm-9pm) and a Saturday (9am-1pm). Really excited!!! Xx

I did my level 2 last year I was 24 there was someone age 50 so don't worry about your age! My boys were 9months & 4years I paid for childcare it was full time so college helped me pay towards my youngest ones depends on how much the household is earning also they won't pay for after school care well my college didn't ask if there is any help for you hth

Thanks geeks :) im swaying towards the daytime one as it starts at 4 and i wouldnt have time to aort the kids out and get there :)

Im really excited to do it, im qualified in all things beauty but not NVQ qualified. This is going to give me better knowledge and look more employable :) xxx

Sorry i meant to put the nightime starts at 4

Thanks geeks :) im swaying towards the daytime one as it starts at 4 and i wouldnt have time to aort the kids out and get there :)

Im really excited to do it, im qualified in all things beauty but not NVQ qualified. This is going to give me better knowledge and look more employable :) xxx

You should be excited :D good luck with your decisions and future :D xx

LolliDolli💋

How bad is that, im wishing my life away.....im not 24 im 23 LMAO x

Latest posts

Back