Olaplex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading all about this, surly it has the same end result as Redken Anti Snap?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there,

Very interesting reading over these comments. I actually work with Tracey Cunningham on a daily basis, having used this on well over 2500 clients at this point over the last 8 months as we do 30 - 50 people a day 4 days a week. I'll go through now and address each issue I see here.

First of all, nothing like the Goldwell silklift at all. I would actually love to hear how you were mixing in regards to this as I think that is where the issue may lie. This is from personally using the product and our results have been absolutely amazing. As for styled hair, you can see results posted all over in regards to reparation. This is working internally on the hair, not coating the hair like a silicone based conditioner nor going through and putting protein into the hair which eventually causes brittleness and breakage.

As for pushing the envelope, you are definitely able to push things farther. Reason for this being, there are more bonds left in the hair to break and continue lightening to a much greater extent than normally would be available but within reason.

When dealing with on the scalp application, 20 vol. is recommended more for client comfort due to higher developer levels causing scalp irritation. May have to process a bit longer, but worth it overall when maintaining overall integrity.

As for lightener getting hot, specific testing was done in regards to this. It has nothing to do with Olaplex as this has been a problem with lightener for many years. Usually a chemical reaction due to buildup of minerals within the hair. Just check as you normally would!

In regards to being a polymer, it is not. There is a single active ingredient composed of carbon, oxygen, nitrogen and sulphur put together in a way that it actually goes through and links broken bonds within the hair.

This is unlike anything I have ever used before. You can check out ABCH review too. http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-Deal.html?soid=1102356594365&aid=BA8S9h0H1ig

Kindest regards,
Jordan

I'm an avid lover of silklift- why is it not the same? Intralipid technology works internally on the hair. How does this differ both in the way the product work and the end result?

After seeing all the comments I can't wait to try silk lift!

Not a distributor, I am working on education and the only reason I am doing so is because I have first hand working experience with the product on more clients than any other person out there along with Tracey.

As for being the same as silklift, it is actually nothing like it. Silklift is a double conditioning process and by doing so, that would have nothing to do with internal bonds within the hair. This is restructuring internally, not conditioning at all. This is about the strength and integrity of the hair.

As for Redken antisnap, also totally different. I actually work with Redken products on a daily basis and that is partially a protein treatment. Protein goes into the hair and eventually causes brittleness and breakage if overused. Being that this is not a protein, you cannot overuse.

This is meant to be complimentary to all color lines.

-Jordan

Hi Jordon
Thanks for all the info. I have never used Silk lift. I have used olaplex and so far I love it. But do you think I can use silk lift and olaplex together since they both are great products?

Hi Jordon
Thanks for all the info. I have never used Silk lift. I have used olaplex and so far I love it. But do you think I can use silk lift and olaplex together since they both are great products?

They absolutely can be used together. I have done so. Goldwell Silklift following manufacturer directions. You have to use your own judgement about how much olaplex to use and whether you bump the developer. I prefer no higher than 6% on scalp. Olaplex doesn't protect the scalp.

The results are fantastic. Less damage than anything I've ever used. Less breakage, better ekasticity, longer color retention. Less worry about over processing.

Last edited:
I've been looking around and can't find the Olaplex ingredients. Not the colorphlex. I just want to compare them. X

I've been looking around and can't find the Olaplex ingredients. Not the colorphlex. I just want to compare them. X

The active ingredient is bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate. You won't find it in any of the knock offs.

I looked after a client who happens to be a hairdresser and we had an interesting conversation. She believes olaplex isn't needed as we should be using high quality products on our clients.

I looked after a client who happens to be a hairdresser and we had an interesting conversation. She believes olaplex isn't needed as we should be using high quality products on our clients.

High quality or not you can't stop what a product does to disulphides. No amount of quality products can stop someones hair from becoming damaged if they change their colour every week.

Of course you should only use high quality products, but as cams said, that doesn't mean those products don't break bonds! They do! Olaplex rebuilds those bonds, so using good products in conjunction with olaplex is better for the integrity of the hair than any product alone..

Latest posts

Back