% on products please help Sienna/OPI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiobhanMarie

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a girl start with me & she pays me rent. Her products such as wax, tint etc she buys her self. But the spray tan (sienna -£50, opi gel col £23/£23 & murals peel £100 she uses mine as it would cost a fortune starting from scratch but what % do I charge for use of my produces x

You need to work out how much solution she is using approx. For example each spray tan should use approx 50ml of solution (if she's spraying correctly). That means that there is approx 20 tans per 1ltr bottle

1000ml/50ml=20

So to work out cost of solution for each tan you divide the cost by amount.

50/20= 2.5

So each time she tans she will need to pay minimum £2.50 to cover cost of solution used. Obviously you if you are using more than 50ml solution per tan or cost of solution changes then you will need to recalculate. You can charge her per tan and then equate it into a % figure if you want. Personally I think a flat £3 per tan maybe simplar. Might be worth charging slightly more to ensure the cost is covered but at least you know minimum it will cost you each time. Hth x

Back