PPL music licence for salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRegina15

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone has any information on the PPL license fees for a salon. I actually didn't know that you had to pay a fee to play music in the salon until someone mentioned it to me. Any help would be appreciated.

You actually have to have 2 licences to play music. PPL and PRS. The cost is dependent on the size of the salon.

They actually phone you and check and ask what's playing in the background.

I worked from home and bought a license only to find out later you don't need a licence from home and got a refund. I got so fed up with different info from different people. I now use ichill in the salon as we have several treatment rooms and a large reception and only play plinkety plink music so ichill is perfect and is completely license free.

There are also license free radio stations but they're not my bag. We just have the calm and tranquillity of ichill.
You're also not allowed to listen to any talk radio stations as they may play music and you're not meant to have it on for just staff in the morning as you're deemed to be using music to encourage your workers!

Vic x

You actually have to have 2 licences to pay music. PPL and PRS. The cost is dependent on the size of the salon.

They actually phone you and check and ask what's playing in the background.

I worked from home and bought a license only to find out later you don't need a licence from home and got a refund. I got do fed up with different info from different people. I now use ichill in the salon as we have several treatment rooms and a large reception and only pay plinkety plink music so ichill is perfect and is completely license free.

There are also license free radio stations but they're not my bag. We just have the calm and tranquillity of ichill.

Vic x

Thank you thats really helpful I will look into that.

Hi i was wondering if anyone has any information on the PPL license fees for a salon. I actually didn't know that you had to pay a fee to play music in the salon until someone mentioned it to me. Any help would be appreciated.
I also use ichill which is great as it's royalty free. Just download to your iPad or phone..

Latest posts

Back