Promoting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
How do you all promote your business? I've been doing hair extensions for 5 years on and off alongside being a single parent and other jobs so havnt given it the time I could if for promotion. I am in a fairly reasonable area I am the only person within 12 miles who does what I do however I expected to be rushed off my feet especially since the salon I work in with the beautician I work alongside (both self employed) is brand new so it's a huge deal for this area! I was crazy busy the first few weeks as expected but 7 weeks down the line it's gone very quiet and I post all over social media, I hand out flyers, online ads such as gumtree and on my personal social media page and also instragam! Any tips?

Hiya im doing loads lately as business is painfully slow sometimes no client at all for a whole week,
So ive put flyers through local letter boxes,
Gone in the local magazine
Posted in local facebook groups
Made sure im on all the free listing sites yell, netmums ect
Attending local events as a vistor & taking cards or as a stall
Every where i go leaving cards, play centres, doctors ect
Talking to everyone & dropping in what i do
Recommend friend cards
Loyalty scheme
My own hashtag for Instagram
Identify an ideal client & sell to them an offer they cant refuse where does your ideal client look & what for do a survey if needs be
Show them your fav products & treatments & why?
Always look busy so when advertising you have a cancellation not you have lots available always add pictures even if praticeing on a head or playing with colours people want to go to the busy cafe not the empty one
Always have cards on you to give out
Offer an on the spot re booking discount for if they rebook whilst still in the salon
Promote for events eg the raves, mothers day, easter, summer hoildays ect
Be you own advert
Follow up clients email or text 1 day after fir after care 2 weeks later to remind them of loyalty card & to re book
Make your social media personal so if you are doing something nice on your day of share it clients like yo feel like they know you
Before & after picture everything
Offer advice people will keep checking back for advice
Tag clients in pictures or ask them to tag your self
Under promise over deliver
Do what you say when
Respond to all emails & messages within the day
Stay 1 step ahead of the trends
Where tops promoting your business when attending busy places
Ask for reviews to be left by each client as they leave
Be active online not just advertising but asking questions

I spent days researching all these & ive done most but working my way through the last few hope it helps

Latest posts

Back