'Recommend a friend' promotions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding some sort of a promotion where if an existing client recommends a friend for a treatment, that client gets 15% off their next treatment.

I can't work out how to word the offer on my web site, or quite how it will work?

How do I keep track of the recommendations, or get notification of the discounct back to the right people etc? How have you all done it in the past?

..I suspect I'm over complicating things lol!

Thanks. I've had a look but only a couple of posts are about a specific 'refer a friend' scheme, moist are about loyalty schemes.......I've got one of those :)

How do other geeks run their 'refer a friend' schemes? as that is the particular scheme I want to run.

I was going to offer 20% off but I read something about how you have to make it worthwhile for the client so they make an effort to recommend people as they won't bother for a few pound xx

I have done a 'recommend a friend' competition in the past that worked quite well. I had business cards printed with 'recommend a friend' on and space to write the original clients name. It entitled the recommended friend to 20% off, and all the cards I got back went into a prize draw and one was picked at random to win £50 in vouchers.

You could get vouchers printed, you write your clients name on the voucher, she then gives it to her friend who then books with you, brings the voucher, I would then devalue it (by cutting off the corner) and keep it with the clients record card so she gets her discount too.

I think that is quite simple.

Latest posts

Back