Setting up mobile and prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_n_fluffy0

Reaction score
As I can not find a job anywhere I am going to set up mobile while I do my level 3. What prices do you think it would be fair to chanrge as I dont have loads of experiance? Any other tips?

i have recently done my level 3 and my old price list was as follows
cbw.... £15
bw .....£8
colour cbw £25
perm £25
curls/hair up £10
gents £6
kids £5

now i'm level 3

cbw....£20
bw £12
colour cbw £30 depending whether it is full haed foils then it's ... £40
perm £35
curls/hair up £15
gents £10
kids £7

i live in st helens so with it being in the north i can't really charge alot, not sure where coventry is???????????
you would pay more down south!!
don't forget you have to pay for your stock, car, insurance....
so you need to cover that, also i do a discount for say the oap's if they have a blow wave it's £10 but if they have it done every week then it is £8.. i'd rather have regular work that one offs
hope this is of help hun.. xxxxxxxxx

Coventry is in the middlands. Do you need special car ins? Also where do you get your insurance from as I need to get some but no idea where to start?

salon gold is the best i pay 44.10 for a year and am covered for evrything. it's an online insurance, and yes you should really tell your car insurance that you ar working mobile as it will be parked in different places, as when you first get it they do ask where you park it (garage, front path)
but hey that is up to you.. (what they don't knw..............) :lol:
also i advertise in my local paper for £12 a week and get a massive responce from that... get some business cards made up on vistprint.com for free you just pay £4-5 postage and hand them out offering a discount for new clients, or to the person that recommended you xxx

where else do you advertise?

er i had car stickers made up yano like taxi drivers have? you can peel them off when you choose, the are magnet, i got them on the net can't remember excactly where...
also in your local wholesalers. xx

great idea I will look in that

soz to butt in but i think you can get those done on vistaprint too :)

thanks will check them out too

Just wanted to ask whilst on the subject of mobile hairdressing. Ive just done a fast track course in hairdressing but its not certified with an NVQ. Does anyone know if I would get insurance if I wanted to go mobile in the future?

I have gone with salon gold thanks for the advice

lucy b...... i am not 100% but i definatly didn't have to show my certificates when i got mine from salon gold,x

Thanks for the reply. Its just a thought for the future but worth looking into now I think. Cheers again

Latest posts

Back