Shellac vs Geleration-which do you prefer and why

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've just bought a CND Shellac kit but have also heard about Geleration. What are the main differences, is one better than the other or is it down to personal preference?

They're both UV cured colour coats. A few differences, nothing major.

Before launching into the pros & cons: do you have an NVQ? Because Gerrard International will only sell to those that do.

I'm not being sniffy; but there's not much point debating if you can't actually buy it :hug:

Hello I trained in Shellac and use it at home but the last four years I've worked with Geleration and love both but Shellac is a hybrid polish and Geleration is a gel. I found geleration lasts much longer most my clients keep it three weeks. I guess maybe you should try to have both treatments done and see for yourself? I find I can apply Shellac quicker though I guess you might want to try both? Good luck.

I've used both and like them for different reasons - CND Shellac is a hybrid gel polish and Geleration is gel polish. Both have excellent color ranges, but Geleration's is larger with some really unique colors, but Geleration is LED curable, while Shellac is not, and that's a deal breaker for me.

Latest posts

Back