Shop rental help and advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslilly83

Reaction score
Hi all☺,

Please I need your honest opinion,

I was renting a room in a fitness center in a small town where I shared the room with a sports massage lady. As I was just starting it was dragging and the owner wanted a quick buck. So he didn't want me there any more after I spent a fortune to advertise.
I have decided to rent a shop but with minimum budget and can't go mobile as I don't drive.
Luckily I have found a shop to rent within my budget but my only problem is there is a bigger salon one shop apart from where am renting and a much bigger in the same street.
I would like to find out if it's ideal to rent a beauty shop when there is a beauty shop one shop apart from where I want to rent.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Honey, you are only competitors if you are the same. Everyone is different and has different tastes. I'm sure a big salon will attract more confident, social women. I am in a room just me and my clients are often shy, nervous or anxious and glad they only have to speak to one person when they come in.

Find your niche, find your super customer (check out The Girls Mean Business on facebook - Claire will help with that!) and get moving. Invite the big salon owners for coffee or join a local business womens social group to meet people in the same boat...or invite them to your opening. Make friends. All the local businesses near me know each other and support and recommend each other.

Don't be scared - be excited! xxx

Renting premises can be a quick way to spend a ton of money. Just make sure you have a decent pool of cash to see you through at least 3-6 months of rent ideally.

Thanks guys. I have decided to give it a go. It's a big step for me. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

Latest posts

Back