Sms text reminders help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lconnor92

Reaction score
Hi all, due to lots of no shows at our beauty salon were setting up text reminders,
Just wondering does anyone want to share what they would write on the sms, i have a salon i attend for hair that sends me one and i think its lovely, dont want to copy it word for word tho 🙈 thanks guys

Hi all, due to lots of no shows at our beauty salon were setting up text reminders,
Just wondering does anyone want to share what they would write on the sms, i have a salon i attend for hair that sends me one and i think its lovely, dont want to copy it word for word tho 🙈 thanks guys

Our system automatically sends a text out 24 hours before and the clients all say they like the reminder. We don't get a huge amount of no shows as people are more likely to ring and cancel or postpone their appointment but when we do it's typically clients who didn't leave a mobile number so they can't get a text sent. saying that, we had a few this Saturday which was annoying but I think a text reminder most definitely reduces no shows and is well worth the money spent sending them.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Our system automatically sends a text out 24 hours before and the clients all say they like the reminder. We don't get a huge amount of no shows as people are more likely to ring and cancel or postpone their appointment but when we do it's typically clients who didn't leave a mobile number so they can't get a text sent. saying that, we had a few this Saturday which was annoying but I think a text reminder most definitely reduces no shows and is well worth the money spent sending them.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I think its the weather this week im just sick of squeezing everyone in and them not even contacting me to re arrange or cancel i wouldn't mind if they rang me 5 mins before, unless you work by time its hard to understand i guess x

I would be interested in what people send in their texts too, as I am
Thinking about introducing this to our salons.

I send reminders the evening before and it's something along the lines of "Hi... Just a reminder of your appointment tomorrow at 6pm. Any problem let me know." If it's for a tan I also remind them of the prep etc.

I put 'Hi its (insert name) at ( insert salon), your appt tomorrow is at (insert time). Thanks.
If its a new client I then add 'salon address is (insert address), theres a map link on our website at (insert website).

HTH

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have made a text template that I can insert when I send a message so have a generic one ready. Because I am small fry it doesn't take two seconds for me to add the time of the appointment to it. I don't personalise it any more than that though and keep it business like. I also don't add any text that invites a cancellation and I don't ask them to confirm back to me as they have already made the appointment and I expect them to be there, so it's purely a courtesy text.

Thank you Nicole for your advice xx

Hi there,

Our system sends out automatic email or SMS confirmations at the time of booking and reminders 24hrs before the appointment. They just contain all the booking details. I highly recommend using an automated system for this, like BookMyCity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back