Staying motivated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunflowerfi

Reaction score
I can't tell you how much I want to make a successful mobile holistic therapy business. My head is literally buzzing with ideas all the time. I just wish I had a crystal ball and could see it working out a year from now.
I've started doing clients in my spare time but as I work full time its very limited when I can fit people in (although it's positive I'm getting lots of enquiries) .

My aim is to be able to run my business full time when my contract ends in August at work. I'll get the summer hols off so I'll have time to take on more clients then. I'm counting down to that moment as I am so unhappy in my job. I'm a teaching assistant; and the people I work with (my class teacher and the head namely) speak to me like I'm useless and thick all the time and the kids have no respect for me because they see that I'm basically lower down the pecking order than they are.
I've had a lovely two weeks off with my kids and seeing friends now I feel sick at the thought of going back to work tomorrow. It's knocked my confidence so much. I just wish a year ago when faced with redundancy in my previous job I'd have taken the plunge then to go self employed with my beauty and massage.

Anyone else been in a similar situation. How do you stay motivated and positive xxx

I can't tell you how much I want to make a successful mobile holistic therapy business. My head is literally buzzing with ideas all the time. I just wish I had a crystal ball and could see it working out a year from now.
I've started doing clients in my spare time but as I work full time its very limited when I can fit people in (although it's positive I'm getting lots of enquiries) .

My aim is to be able to run my business full time when my contract ends in August at work. I'll get the summer hols off so I'll have time to take on more clients then. I'm counting down to that moment as I am so unhappy in my job. I'm a teaching assistant; and the people I work with (my class teacher and the head namely) speak to me like I'm useless and thick all the time and the kids have no respect for me because they see that I'm basically lower down the pecking order than they are.
I've had a lovely two weeks off with my kids and seeing friends now I feel sick at the thought of going back to work tomorrow. It's knocked my confidence so much. I just wish a year ago when faced with redundancy in my previous job I'd have taken the plunge then to go self employed with my beauty and massage.

Anyone else been in a similar situation. How do you stay motivated and positive xxx
Hi Sunflowerfi,
This is my first post, but I wanted to reply to you because I have been in the same situation! 2 & a half years ago I worked in a clothes shop selling dresses to women that looked at me like I was something they had found on the bottom of their shoe!! I loved the girls I worked with, but hated going to work there 3 days a week. I was running my mobile beauty business alongside this, 2 days a week & it was really keeping me going, mentally speaking. I decided I needed to make a change. I was in a very lucky position, where my parents could help me out financially and I took the plunge and opened my own salon!! I understand that this was extreme, but if my parents couldn't have helped, I would've spent more time & money on advertising my mobile business, just like you are. You are absolutely doing the right thing. You are doing what is going to make you happy and if you love doing holistic beauty therapy and you are good at it, you will make a successful business out of it.
You just have to remember that August isn't that far away and that you are only at work for a few hours a day!! It will all be over in no time! And then, by Christmas you will have forgotten how much you hated it.
Keep thinking about the next few months and maybe start putting your thoughts into action by designing and printing your price lists and getting all of your research done and stock in order and then you will have something to look at to get you excited before you leave your job.
You will need all of the time that you have to drum up business, so think of it as a positive thing, because when you start full time, you will start busy hopefully!
Good Luck with your business.

Thanks for your reply. I keep telling myself my nightmare job will be over in three months. I need to stay now for the money and also the fact I will be paid over summer hols but obviously won't be there so I can use that time to work on my business.
I'm thinking of holding meditation classes once I've done my course in delivering meditation too so I'm going to look into contacting local venues. Xx

Sometimes we have good days, sometimes we have bad ones. And we're always wiser after the event ;)

Latest posts

Back