Teenage starter foundation or tinted moisturiser OTC recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruby6

Reaction score
Hope it ok to ask this here. I'm currently doing a MUA course but not far into it yet so not yet familiar with all brands et. Recently seen a photo of my 14 yr old niece looking tangoed courtesy of her own mother btw! and on a mission to sort it out. But as much as I would love to buy her some nice mid priced product I also want something that isn't too pricey for her to replace. I've given her loads of bits and bobs like eyeshadow and lip glosses to experiment with but I firmly believe she should have the right base colour with light everyday coverage. Any OTC suggestions I can bring her to look at please?

I love Rimmel Match Prrfection. Extremely good price and nice colour selection. I wear 200 and I have a light to medium tan, I know they go quiet fair.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use BB cream. It is really light and just enough coverage. I use the No7 one but have also used more expensive salon brands. I will never go back to foundation

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You would be best asking in the consumer forum. Pros don't recommend OTC cosmetics.
On the other hand, I am a pro and I have tried Many many brands, I have genuinely tried and tested OTC on requests from clients asking my opinion and unless you are willing to say spend on brands like Guerlain, Clarins, Smashbox, Benefit...etc to name a few then you will spend more in the long run on the cheaper counterparts as the saying holds true: you get what you paid for.
When the skin is healthy then the need for a lot of makeup is minimal :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back