Thinking of selling my mobile spray tanning business, advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietans

Reaction score
Hi

As the title suggests, I'm thinking of selling my business or just the equipment. I've had it for about three years but haven't done much with it in the past year due to study, full time job and very sick partner (who is now okay thank god!).

Although I have a list of around 50 clients they are not very active so I wouldn't really be promising a good customer base but what I do have is:

- pop up tent - used and a couple of fabric tears but nothing bad (and on the frame bit so doesn't leak)
- heavy duty spray tan machine - used but good condition
- strong brand (in my humble opinion!)
- some solution - although realise people will probably want to start fresh
- decent website www.tanacious.org.uk
- approx. 200 flyers
- I'd look to transfer the phone number too as it's not my personal number

I'm thinking someone locally (Tameside / Saddleworth) or out of the area might want to take the brand and website on as it is, as we all know how much time and energy that can take up at the start, and start promoting it again. It is a ready made business.

Plan A is to sell the business but I would be prepared to sell the equipment on it's own if I had to.

My question is, how much would you charge for something like that when I can't promise a client base?

Thanks in advance for any responses

I dont think you'd get much to be honest! Couple of hundred quid if youre lucky!

Yes I think you will only get as much as the equipment is worth. It's hard to sell a mobile business. Who is to guarantee the clients will even like the new person? You would probably be better off selling the equipment on eBay or on Facebook selling groups.

I don't think you would get much luck selling the business , as you are mobile , and don't have much of a client base. The brand makes no difference any one can buy Siena x , so your not offering anything someone could not buy themselves. Tents are cheap abt £40 new, and machines are not expensive. So I think probably eBay would be your best option, but you won't get a lot for used tanning equipment. X

Latest posts

Back