Treatment license-anyone skip this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I'm going to be moving premises and although I have just payed my license for the current shop I am in I have been looking it up for when I move to a new shop.

It says someone comes to inspect to check everything meets the requirement. One of the requirements is to have a wash basin in all treatment rooms, I do not have this in my current salon and was not going to put them in the new ones but am now worried.

Does everyone have sinks in the treatment room?

Does anyone just not apply for treatment licence? Is this illigal if you don't do it as I can't find anywhere that says it is, it just say i could face a fine.

The license is a funny one because it varies between councils.

If you're carrying out treatments that require a license and you don't have a license then I wouldn't go as far as saying it's illegal but it's breaking the rules which will be practically the same thing. The council would probably fine you and tell you to take immediate action to rectify if they thought you generally didn't know about the license but as you had one previously if they knew this then that could be hard to convince them. They do have the power to close you down almost instantly.

If the requirement of the license is to have a wash basin in every room then I guess that's what you'll have to do but I'd call them up and get some sort of clarification and if you can, get clarification in writing as they have a habit of changing their minds.

Thank you for your reply it's not worth the risk i will get the basins put in and hoplefully it shouldn't cost too much.

Do you have to have this from home too as just setting up a beauty room? Ie treatment license? X

All councils have different rules & regs.
I live in Bexley, and salon's, including home based, need a licence to carry out most beauty treatments.
Mobile operators do not need this!o_O

You have to provide a 'to scale' plan of your premises, to include it's lay out.
Salons have to give the names and addresses of the staff carrying out the treatments, to include their i.d.

There is a charge for the different treatments covered, in our borough, they start from £400.00 per year.:(

I work from home in Havering and have to pay £300 a year. I don't think i needed to provide a plan but i did have to provide a photo and fill out a form.

Someone from the council came and had a look and then i got my license. I just renew it each year x

I moved area (and salons obviously) about 2 years ago but never bothered to update my Pamperpad account (a bit like treatwell- it lists your services & finds you clients)
Someone from the council in my old area contacted me through Pamperpad to say the treatments I offered required a licence & They were advising I get one as their records showed I didnt have one.

This was in Havering too @FlawlessBeauty so its nice to see your £300 is being put to good use & they are attemping to clamp down on unlicenced technicians. Xx

Thanks for advice girls x

Latest posts

Back