tricks of the trade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMZAGEEK69

Reaction score
hey there geeks just wondering bout sum cheeky little mixes and/or techniques with cololouring/highlighting/lowlighting i use wella or swartkopf mostly however im famiar with most of the leading brands so whateva any1s trained in wuld be kewl,im sure i can find the comparison in my brand.. whoeva knows sum wicked but effective n edgy combos/techniques of anything at all.... [im looken at u minky,persianista n kimmi] lolz:p:D:D:D any ideas of any sort wuld be awsum im starving 4 some info atm colour especially i work on my own at my salon theres anotha woman whoz workin wit me but we split our shifts and work a half day each, [she does morning n i do evening and vice verca] or if she works 1 day that wuld be my day off and vica verca:sad: SIGH!!!! so in summary this info sponge is hungry n tricks of the trade talk is defo in order!!! thanks again evrybody 4 tha time 2 read ma dross post!!:o i just miss bouncin ideas around..:sad::o:sad:
emza xxx

u crack me up!!!

there is tutorials on the site with loads of brill colour mixes, and also ideas for doing colour.

ATM, I'm training a young girl, nearly finished her level2, and for all the clients who usually get just tints, we are shaking them up a bit, doing a few foils underneath, say if they r getting a 6/0 tint, doing a few foils thru the underneath (below parting) with 5/75 and 6/74, just to make it a bit different and to give her more foils practise! She can tint with her eyes closed!!!

ha ha no kimi uve made me wet myself on occasions dnt u start :D he he :Dlol thanks 4 tha fast replie gals!! the mixes/techniques that ur talkin bout are brill but iv already seen em:ogot em saved on me pc lol:o:lick: but the mixing of chart shades to create unique mixes im pretty sweet wit but blonde mixes [however naughty]:o and foiling techniques are really wat im hunting 4:D:lick: cmon guyz im sure theres cheeky lil methods youz have stored away sumwere in the ol brain box!:Dlol anything from a sock standard conservative blonde/brown or brown/blonde half or full head foils to some outragouse radical crop cut assorted wit som bright fashion colourz wateva u can think of i wuld love you long time:D:D:lick:

Am doing a lot of lighter zigzags around the parting with darker everywhere else.

Red an copper on the same head is around a lot.

Am still doing red and black as this seems to be enduring.

Black dyed look is now out. Honey and ash blonde highlights are back yay!

what do you mean by lighter zigzags? like instead of a straight, rectanguler one, and zigzag one?

funny how different things in different areas....I've not done red and black for about 8 years!!! We don't get many people looking for black, apart from me, and one other client.

Most of our colours are cool, ashy blondes, warm brunettes (6/73, 6/7, 6/75 in wella) or natural coppery tones. x

section out the parting area, but zizagging the line round. colour the top area including the parting 2 shades lighter than the rest of the hair

aw fab persianista very similar to my end of the world,black with eitha bright red/violet n highlights are always tha go ova hear!!yeey:p zig zag aye?? bye that u mean standard center panel with zig zag down centre? then foil along/parallell the zig zag???? soundz hot though!!:D and i quite like the soundz of that red vs copper vry nice!!!!:D:D keep em comin grls lurve it:D 1 more lil question 4 persiansta, wot redken hilifts are avalible in ther range? i.e purple hlfts or red/violet hilifts somthin bright? n where do u think i culd get ma drty mitts on em????? redken stokists over the net perhaps??:D:D:p
ladies again uve all been gems!! mwa:D:lick:
emza xx

Redken do 4 highlift reds similar to majimode, but very bright!. Worth asking your L'oreal rep if she could swing it for you (all the same company)

Am doing a lot of lighter zigzags around the parting with darker everywhere else.

I love this, am also doin a lot of zig-zag meche at the mo too x

thanks persianista 4 the fantastic help!! im gunna hunt my redken/loreal rep n c wot can be done about just ordein that range,cheeky to just ask 4 bits and pieces i no lol:o but thanks 2 u ill be devil..he he:twisted:
thanks geekz:D:D:lick:
emza xx

Latest posts

Back