Trying to book couple nights away and struggling ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_louise92

Reaction score
Hi I'm hoping somebody could kindly help me as I'm in a little bit of a pickle right now.
Me and the OH have the week of 18th off and was thinking with it been our anniversary on the 19th instead of just going for a meal, I could book a couple of nights away. I was thinking like log cabin kinda thing but I can't seem to find anything that takes my fancy on the Internet. Plus I'm just overwhelmed by choices of sites etc.

The other option was maybe take like a city break but then it's faf with trying to do flights and transfers etc its alot of hassle for just a few nights.

Other option is we did mention a while back we would like to either do like Thorpe Park or Chessington zoo/park as haven't been to either of them. Now I don't know wether it's best to say in their own hotel or book one nearby. But once u have done a day at the park what else is in the area I'm unsure.

I never realised how difficult it is trying to just plan 2-3 night away! I'm not wanting to spend mega bucks so want something affordable and that won't break my purse.

Sorry I have rambled just need some opinions as I can't ask the OH as it is going to hopefully be a surprise! Lol

Thanks in advance 😊😊

Our wedding anniversary (8th) is also the 19th March and I had the exact same dilemma, I booked a hilton, avisford park, Sussex so on the coast and he knows nothing. I looked at city breaks but by the time I got to the airport and to the hotel we wouldn't have any time in our destination, this is a 2.5 hr drive from home, I am so so looking forward to it. Where n the country are you? Have you looked at the Cotswolds? Bluestone, Wales my sister in law uses booking.com for cheap cottages / lodges

Good luck and happy anniversary,

Have you been to London lately? The hotels are doing some great deals this time of year and there's so much going on. We've been going every year for 3 nights for the last 6 years and still haven't seen it all. You don't have to spend a fortune. Use the underground, get your picnic sandwiches from M&S. We find it a lot cheaper than other European city breaks.

We book the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. 4* The views are amazing and its very central. Rooms come with mini fridge and microwave, cutlery and plates. I bought a £5 toaster from Tesco which we bring to make toast in the morning as breakfast in the hotel was quoted at £21 per person. We skimp on other things in order to get a lush hotel suite. We bring our own wine for the room from the Tesco Metro just down the road but have a lovely dinner in a nice restaurant.

Our wedding anniversary (8th) is also the 19th March and I had the exact same dilemma, I booked a hilton, avisford park, Sussex so on the coast and he knows nothing. I looked at city breaks but by the time I got to the airport and to the hotel we wouldn't have any time in our destination, this is a 2.5 hr drive from home, I am so so looking forward to it. Where n the country are you? Have you looked at the Cotswolds? Bluestone, Wales my sister in law uses booking.com for cheap cottages / lodges

Good luck and happy anniversary,

We're in Yorkshire. I don't mind travelling that's not a problem. It's just I'm going square eyes from looking at site after site lol il have a look thank you :)
It's just nice to get away rather than just going for a meal xxxx

Hope you two have a lovely anniversary too :) xxx

Have you been to London lately? The hotels are doing some great deals this time of year and there's so much going on. We've been going every year for 3 nights for the last 6 years and still haven't seen it all. You don't have to spend a fortune. Use the underground, get your picnic sandwiches from M&S. We find it a lot cheaper than other European city breaks.

We book the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. 4* The views are amazing and its very central. Rooms come with mini fridge and microwave, cutlery and plates. I bought a £5 toaster from Tesco which we bring to make toast in the morning as breakfast in the hotel was quoted at £21 per person. We skimp on other things in order to get a lush hotel suite. We bring our own wine for the room from the Tesco Metro just down the road but have a lovely dinner in a nice restaurant.

No I did think London but then it's trying to get somewhere central that's nice. Il take a look at that hotel thank u xx

How about lastminute.com secret hotels, usually if you google description it gives away which hotel it is but often loads cheaper..

Ah thanks :)

Latest posts

Back