Updo hairspray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelynn A

Reaction score
Hello All! I've been set to doing Updos more frequently as wedding season approaches and I seem to have trouble getting a smooth finish that doesn't make my hands sticky while working. My work comes out beautiful but takes time; I normally start with Damage Manager spray by KevinMurphy and then curling, and Bumble Dryspun at the root and teasing, but then I can't seem to get the hair to shine/smooth well I've tried Bumbles purple can hairspray (too light of hold) and Vita E from Sallys (sticky), now Covert Control by TriDesign (best so far) Anyone have a favorite product/combination? Tips? Thanks a mill! :)

Hello All! I've been set to doing Updos more frequently as wedding season approaches and I seem to have trouble getting a smooth finish that doesn't make my hands sticky while working. My work comes out beautiful but takes time; I normally start with Damage Manager spray by KevinMurphy and then curling, and Bumble Dryspun at the root and teasing, but then I can't seem to get the hair to shine/smooth well I've tried Bumbles purple can hairspray (too light of hold) and Vita E from Sallys (sticky), now Covert Control by TriDesign (best so far) Anyone have a favorite product/combination? Tips? Thanks a mill! :)

Bed Head Foxy Curls is a great contour cream I find for a smooth finish,

And TIGI Catwalk hairspray has a good gloss and hold

Thanks

Jake.

Osis sparkler shine spray. I love the stuff!
And the loreal infinium hairspray.
Or one of the girls at college does a lot of them. They swear by using the black and white blaze wax. It's in a black and white tub in sallys. They slather their hands in it and then get going on their up styles. Never a hair out of place!

Latest posts

Back