Reflexology to kick start labour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c bare sticks

Reaction score
Has anyone had reflexology to help bring on labour? Do reflexologists use certain pressure points to help? I've never had it done before and I'm not trained in it but I'm having a session later. I'm due in 17 days! X

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I have. I had it 1-2 days after my due date as I was under pressure from my consultant to be induced. That was on a Monday and the baby was born on the Thurs (although early hours of the morn.) So I am not sure it worked. I really did not want to be induced, so I tried everything that is recommended to bring on labour;)

But if you are not due for 17 days, do you want it to induce labour?

Well being almost 38 weeks its perfectly safe for baby to come now as after 37 weeks you are classed as full term. Reflexology is the only thing I've tried so far and it was lovely and relaxing. Would definitely have that again. Labour inducing or not lol it was a lovely treat x

Oh yes 38 weeks fine, I just wondered if you wanted it to induce labour or you were worried that it might!

I did some basic reflex on my friend and she went into labour the next day. She wanted baba out coz she was so uncomfortable!

My sister is due today!! So within the next 14 days I will be an Auntie, can't wait!..... Anyway, she had reflexology on Friday (3 days ago) & was told there is certain points that can be stimulated to induce labour & also a point on the foot (at the side, below the ankle I think) that if it is prominent enough they can tell the sex of the baby!! X

I have a customer this week for Thai foot massage and pedicure.

She said she needs me to stimulate the magic point on the foot ( is it called spleen6) as she is very uncomfortable.

Who says pregnancy is fun?

Well I must say I was having a few tightenings yesterday but all painless, apart from that nothing has happened but its early days Mayb ill have time to treat myself again before it arrives lol

As for telling the sex.. how interesting! We don't know the sex so that would be fun to try x

My sister & Brother-In-Law dont want to know the sex either, & her reflexologist said she knew what is was! Would be a good idea to get her to write it on some paper & put it in a sealed envelope for them so they can read it once the baby is here! X

Latest posts

Back