Not near water!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar & Spice

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of taking on a room in a health and beauty centre the problem I have is there is no water in the room and you have to walk to the kitchen area to get it! I am thinking this might make it quite difficult for facials

Do you know of any trick of the trade to keeping water warm enough to use on clients etc

M x

You could always buy one of those lovely water and basin sets, victorian type, and then fill the jug with cold water. Have a kettle in your room to heat water and use the jug to bring it down to temp. It's not ideal but at least it would look nice.:lol:

how do you mean a slow cooker? x

Well I do this and it works really well! I soak around 10 white flannels in hot water, wring out and fold into a slow cooker along with a small amount of water.

I put the slow cooker on low about an hour before a treatment and turn it off as I start the treatment. The flannels stay lovely and hot and great for removing products. After use I drop them in a separate basket for washing.

I got my slowcooker from asda for. £9.00 and it is completely plain. In fact it looks just like a hot stone heater!

I also use the value flannels because they are thinner and I can really get my fingers in to them!

Why not try it? It will cost you less than £12.00 to find out whether or not it will suit you!

PB
X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well I do this and it works really well! I soak around 10 white flannels in hot water, wring out and fold into a slow cooker along with a small amount of water.

I put the slow cooker on low about an hour before a treatment and turn it off as I start the treatment. The flannels stay lovely and hot and great for removing products. After use I drop them in a separate basket for washing.

I got my slowcooker from asda for. £9.00 and it is completely plain. In fact it looks just like a hot stone heater!

I also use the value flannels because they are thinner and I can really get my fingers in to them!

Why not try it? It will cost you less than £12.00 to find out whether or not it will suit you!

PB
X

I do this for manis and pedis ,

That is a great idea, I had never thought of using a slow cooker. :green:

PB
X

this is what i do when i'm in my home salon(i don't have water in the room either and would have to walk down the hall to the washroom sink) and not at my spa. works just like the hot cabi at my spa :)

I love that idea!!!

I used a catering flask which I filled at the begining of my day or treatments. I just pressed for hot water into my bowl as I needed it like a tap.
Worked great for my needs and theyre pretty cheap too:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-litre-pum...9D6G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327740858&sr=8-2

I tended to use hot towels more though and bought a towel cabi, but the above ideas are a fab cost effective way to get you through, so you have loads of options available! :)

Thank you what a brilliant and cheap idea I love this forum so much x

I love my hot towel cabi - it was £70 and worth every penny. It has 2 shelves in it and I use steamed mitts in nearly every treatment I perform.

I used a flask before my studio was "fitted out". What about a steamer for hot flannels - electric so no problems with water- philips do a good one. Assuming this would disinfect too!

Latest posts

Back