Opinions on Bamboo massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlyfudge

Reaction score
Hi, have just joined and I was wondering if anybody is doing Bamboo massage, and if so, how do you find it, both from your point of view and the clients? Already do Swedish aand Deep tissue, just fancy offering something else thats a bit different. Alot of places doing Hot Stone around me, trying to find alternative. Any comments welcome. Thanks:D

This is weird, i just logged on to ask almost the same question!!

I trained in Bamboo massage last year and loved it. Have not had much practice since as I have been working in a salon where I could not do it. Now I am going self employed I will be offering this service.

I wanted to see how those who do it find the routine, have you chosen to change any of it and how popular are you finding it with your clients?

Also, are you pricing it the same as your hot stone treatments or more? Or less?!

And lastly I am only offering it as a full body treatment as there isn't that much to do on the back like with your hands.

As an aside, how do you heat your sticks? I've been using a rolled up electric blanket but it's not great for many reasons - Vulsini are going to be releasing a heater for the bamboo much like their hot stone heater, I can't wait to see it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I doubt there are many Bamboo-ers about :(

I provide and teach bamboo massage. I love doing it and have tried various ways of heating bamboo but prefer to use it at room temperature.

I find it is reasonably busy but am more busy with manual massage. I quite often offer it as a special offer with a combination of treats. I offer full body (and do quite a lot on the back), seated bamboo and bamboo face massage.

By offering it as part of a service, it gets people to try it - such as Oriental Express - back and face massage featuring bamboo.

Look forward to more discussions.

Shared Beauty Secrets (the UK distributor for LAVAShells) are introducing LAVA bamboo to the UK, I think in February. The idea is the bamboo will contain a self heating charge to complement the massage. Contact them, or have a look on their website for training details and info.

This is great! Thank everyone for their input. I am going to Professional Beauty in March, so will see whats about then. Interesting to incorporate it into other treatments, I like that idea. As a rule, do the clients who try it like it and have another, or do you find it tends to be a one off?
Not sure if I've replied right to this, computers and I have a love hate relationship!!

Shared Beauty Secrets (the UK distributor for LAVAShells) are introducing LAVA bamboo to the UK, I think in February. The idea is the bamboo will contain a self heating charge to complement the massage. Contact them, or have a look on their website for training details and info.

Sounds very interesting! Thanks for letting us know x

Hi I have just come back form my lava bamboo training and it is a deeply relaxing massage and i loved it! i think the bamboo is bigger than usual to fit the heat in there but it feels good and they compare it to the deepness of a sports massage. i haven't started it in the salon yet but the lava shells are going a treat so i am hoping it will be popular and with the guys to so my hands don't ache as i have a rsi. hope that helps!!!

Latest posts

Back