Fed up of Sienna oxidising!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
I have been using Sienna since 2010 and im sooo in love with it!

Exept of the fact I am sick and tired of my 8% going green!

First bottle bought - Fine
Second bottle - Half way through it turned green
Third bottle - 1/4 of the way through...green!

I know that if left exposed with air it will oxidise but my bottles are left in a cool dark draw seled tight.

I have put alllll my money and efort in becoming a beautician and at over £50.00 a bottle of tan i feel like I may aswel push my pennies down the drain!

I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

I may have to consider moving to another brand :( xxxx

I keep all my Sienna X solutions in a ' special product ' fridge - opened they last at least six months - unopened a year at least - they are natural ingredients - no preservatives added etc -

I have been using Sienna since 2010 and im sooo in love with it!

Exept of the fact I am sick and tired of my 8% going green!

I know that if left exposed with air it will oxidise but my bottles are left in a cool dark draw seled tight.

I have put alllll my money and efort in becoming a beautician and at over £50.00 a bottle of tan i feel like I may aswel push my pennies down the drain!

I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

I may have to consider moving to another brand :( xxxx

How long before they go green hun? A month, 6 months etc...

X

Depending on the times between these purchases (if it was years, then I am wrong), it sounds suspiciously like these litres were all from the same batch. When you bought the first one, you were in luck as the batch was fresh. Second time, it didn't have as much time left in it. Third time it was almost ready to expire when they sold it to you.

I'm just guessing, I have no idea about how often Sienna make their solutions or how fresh they are. I just know for a smaller company like ours, keeping solution fresh is a major issue for us. We usually have to underestimate demand and then get some fresh stuff out quicker than we'd have needed even though it's more costly for us, rather than make up way more than we need in bulk which, although a far cheaper option for us, runs the risk of solution sitting there for months before we sell it and thus only giving our customers a few weeks or months when they get it. I'm not sure if I explained that in a coherent way but hopefully you get what I mean!

Really if you're storing it in the cool and the dark like you say, I'd hope you were getting at least 6 months out of a brand like Sienna at the prices they charge? Have you tried contacting them about it?

Ive never had this problem, I usually buy mine in bulk when theres offers on and store it in my garage, my garage is cold and dark. Are you storing it somewhere warm? Leaving the lid of for hours? I even have the cup containers with different solution strengths in and if someone doesn't get a certain strength one week it will sit there will the next and not go green xxx

I definatly had the first batch open less than 6 months and as for the last batch I would say it was a matter of week!

They are kept in a draw in a room wihout heating.

When i do a tan i put the lid straight back on then clean my machine at the end of the day.

Hmmm, i have read numerous threads and understand they have a life span and can oxidise but im a OCD clean freak and a want it cleaned and tidyed away once used its not like i dont take care of it!

Two words, Fed Up!!xx

Have you spoken directly to Sienna about it?

I've started using them recently and have phoned them regarding one matter and emailed them regarding another and both times their customer service was brilliant. Maybe they could help you, or maybe there was a problem?

About a year ago there was a problem with a batch of Hive wax strips, but my wholesaler didn't know until a couple of people mentioned it. Once they knew, they contacted Hive and it got sorted really quickly. Anyway, my point was, if they don't know they can't fix it xx

I had a 12% bottle when I first started tanning go green after a fortnight. I don't mind the colour but the fade off I don't like but I was told I didn't store it correctly. Well none of my fresh indulgence or any of the other solutions I had have oxidised and were stored the same way x

I had a client wanting to try it, received a sample bottle-opened it 2 weeks later to try on client - GREEN! My fault for not checking but never expected it to be green so quickly, my lady converted to Nouvatan!! x

I had a bottle of 12% go green on me & sienna refused to do anything anything about it. I don't use sienna anymore as I cannot afford to throw £50 down the drain..
If you love sienna you will adore nouvatan! Im so pleased i made the conversion xx

Sorry to go off subject but what's the fade off like for nouvatan? I love the colour of sienna but hate hate hate the fade of especially in the darker shades!

I would def get complaining to sienna about the green tan btw!!!! Xxx

Its funny but I have been using sienna x for years and never had a problem. Never had one go green fade off is fine. I buy in bulk at the shows xx

Sorry to go off subject but what's the fade off like for nouvatan? I love the colour of sienna but hate hate hate the fade of especially in the darker shades!

I would def get complaining to sienna about the green tan btw!!!! Xxx

I'm about to get the samples of nouvatan as I also hate the fade off from sienna. And a bit fed up of there price increase .....

I heard there fade of is great with nouvatan x

HI,As long as you apply the correct shade of colour to the correct skin tone, I can honestly say Nouvatan is as close as you will get to a natural fade off. I have loads of girls who tan every week, without fail, they just exfoliate the night before there new tan and the new tan goes on perfectly and looks great for another week. These regulars very rarely take a break from their weekly slot and yet never get any build up on their skin with Nouvatan. But its down to you to get the colour of tan spot on as well! Brillliant price and next day delivery if ordered at the right time. Give some of their samples a go if you are unsure, got nothing to lose.

One of my practise models has text (6 days later) and said that her tan has gone and her fade was blotchy (i use Sienna) is this normal?? xx

One of my practise models has text (6 days later) and said that her tan has gone and her fade was blotchy (i use Sienna) is this normal?? xx

Totally normal with sienna and to be fair a majority of solutions. I find sienna fade off the worst though. Exfoliating is a must now :)

Hi there

I keep all my Sienna X in my fridge (it does take up a lot of room) but I can't afford for it to go off.

Just a few q's

What happens if you spray someone with an off tan? I think I may have done this once.

How much cheaper is Nouvatan than Sienna? I may change!

Also do any of you mix Sienna 12 percent and 8 percent to get a 10????

Thanks!

I've been using Sienna X for about 5 years. I've had one bottle oxidise, which they happily replaced for me. I always buy 5 litres at the shows, which lasts me over 6 months easy as Tanning is only a small part of what I do. So I'd say out of the approx 50 litres I have bought sice I started using it, for one to have oxidised is pretty good going.

As for fade off, I wear Sienna quite often, fade off is great. Can barely tell.

Maybe if you're having problems you should look at skin prep and aftercare. I give clients a sachet of Sienna Scrub free with their tan so at leas I know they have prepped using recommended product rather than their oily sugar scrub they have at home!

Latest posts

Back